Batman, Arkham Asylum characters and the Batmobile!

Re: Batman Dark Knight/Arkham City mod costume W.I.P. Plus Bane mask

Good job on the mask. My advice - make it your own. Dont worry about screen accuracy, just make it how YOU want it.

Thanks, I took that advice and changed my whole idea for the better, Thanks!

My new design will be more on the Arkham City style rather than DK. The gauntlets, cowl, and belt will be DK style the rest will be Arkham. The boots will be Arkham style but the armored version.

New progress will hopefully be here shortly.

Gotta ask, where did you find those straps? I am planning a similar costume, but I intend to use an athletic cup as the main part of it, along with some rubber tubing and nipples (yes, that is what they are called) purchased from a department store. However, the only straps I have been able to find that remotely resemble what I need are from, as ridiculous a this feels to admit, an S&M gag. Yours are perfect-so please, what did you use for them?

Please don't think I forgot about your request, I just have been busy. I will get the templates next time I have time.

I finally have some more progress. I recently purchased a cowl and belt online. I have also made the chest logo. I have decided instead of the grey shirt and pants, to make them black.

90e354d7.jpg

1ebc5196.jpg

Should I make the emblem bigger, it seems too small. But that could just because it is the first piece.

I think it looks great just like that man. Great work by the way! Hope to see more photos soon!

My cowl and belt came in today. Here are some pictures:

76c9b150.jpg

06ef3ce4.jpg

I still have to fix the ears and mod it a bit but it will do.

I am almost done modding the mask to look good and making the foam inserts for the shirt armor.

Here are some of the unfinished pieces laid out to give an idea what it will look like. Also I will be making a Joker costume to go with my group. My group will have batman scarecrow joker bane and huntress.

94783b64.jpg

I started on the boot and more on the shirt inserts. I will update with pictures very soon. Thanks to mikey123mushukl for some Pepakura files that helped speed up some progress.

Here are some more progress pictures. Most of everything is not completely finished or glued, but it is a start.

fb0be7df.jpg

0ca470ab.jpg

3fb0379c.jpg

I finally have some updates! I finished the shirt and gauntlets. It now just needs the logo attached and the gauntlets coated in plasti dip. Then all I need left is the cape, and to finsih the boots and cowl.

Also there is a part or the left side that is sticking out a bit, that be fixed soon.

fb366bd0.jpg

c77c63cd.jpg

8f37902d.jpg

A quick update: I created a bigger logo, and scrapped the boot covers, I will go with the dcnu style of boots. Pics soon!

Here is me doing a test with what I have so far, note that The pants will be different and the boots, shirt, mask, and gauntlets are not completely done. The cowl still needs a lot of work.

ebb4957c.jpg

I also just finished plasti- dipping the chest logo.

5f0ec34d.jpg

bdc6d58e.jpg

I am changing my designs again. Now for the pants, I will use khaki like pants instead of compression pants. I am also thinking of adding shoulder pads. I am using some of the ideas from dcuo's Future Batman to add to what I have now. Pics soon.

looking good, keep up the work.

Great work man! Can't wait to see the redesigns! If you have access maybe you could take a look at riot/tactical gear? There's lots of "practical" use type stuff under that tag that might help you find the right kind of shoulder pads.

Back