Bandai release schedule

Those are Devastator Imperial I-Class destroyers in that trailer, not Avenger Class IIs. Same model as Episode IV in the original Star Wars and also seen in Rogue One. So apparently the Empire has squirreled away a massive fleet of those in hiding. I certainly hope that there is a refit somewhere down the line for a Bandai version of that one too!

View attachment 1052649

Can't see if those are old B-wings and A-wings or new upgraded versions as in The Last Jedi. Looks like the A-wings are stubbier and would likely be the older ones. If they are the older ones, Bandai already has us covered. A larger Blockade Runner would be nice.

Not sure what that Freighter type ship is. At first I thought the Outrider, but no. Not the Ghost either. So it's a new ship that we may get a Bandai treatment of someday if it has more than a cameo in this battle or not.

View attachment 1052650

Anyway - I can definitely see some new runs of existing Bandai A-wings, Y-wings, B-wings, and T-70's with new Rise of Skywalker box art to capitalize on the release, so good times for us Star Wars model fans!
Didn't we have a general SW vehicle thread somewhere?
Anyways...
ENHANCE!
TRIXIE-Stereo-002.mkv_snapshot_01.21_[2019.08.27_18.17.51]_edit.png

TRIXIE-Stereo-002.mkv_snapshot_01.22_[2019.08.27_18.18.46]_edit.png

Well, would you look at all of those shooty cannons on the bottom of those SD!

No kidding! Wow! Missed that! Well, that would explain THIS shot then:

Superlasers.jpg

Makes me glad to know that it is the Star Destroyers with Death Star tech and not another Death Star itself outside of the wreckage. Wow - so Palpatine miniaturized the planet killer weapon and put it on Star Destroyers. THAT would be a serious galaxy-wide threat to have to deal with.

Of course I cannot help but hear Han's line from a New Hope here:

"The entire starfleet couldn't destroy the entire planet, it would take a thousand ships with more firepower than I've....."

Well, now you have a thousand ships with more firepower than he has ever seen.

No kidding! Wow! Missed that! Well, that would explain THIS shot then:

View attachment 1053035

Makes me glad to know that it is the Star Destroyers with Death Star tech and not another Death Star itself outside of the wreckage. Wow - so Palpatine miniaturized the planet killer weapon and put it on Star Destroyers. THAT would be a serious galaxy-wide threat to have to deal with.

Of course I cannot help but hear Han's line from a New Hope here:

"The entire starfleet couldn't destroy the entire planet, it would take a thousand ships with more firepower than I've....."

Well, now you have a thousand ships with more firepower than he has ever seen.

Could be, but do a little research on the Onegar Class Star Destroyer, I think that is what we might be seeing in this shot. The Onegar is an upcoming release for FFG's Armada game as well as the Starhawk.

The Onegar is supposed to be a bunker buster.

Very stoked for this kit. And despite the incredible engineering and detail - the scale does make me appreciate the fact I am still slaving on the Zvezda. I will likely build this kit straight out of the box without going batpoop crazy on fiber and window etching to make more window lights - but if this guy used the opaque parts to get that look - I am heartily impressed.

Sadly, the Standard version does not come with the lighting LED kit - and I am hard- pressed to find it for sale separately (as I read it is the same lighting module and LEDs for the PG Falcon - but I have my doubts on that seeing that video posted above). I pre-ordered the lighting version this kit and they are not yet here stateside.

Love it! The Bandai's detail is finer and more accurate than the Zvezda (and yes, I'm still working on my 'Big Z' but things tend to get in the way...because LIFE lol). What I don't care is for the "twinkling" light effect that occurs at various angles...a result of using internal lighting that doesn't depend on individual FO strands for the windows. Oh, and a minor nitpick is that the exterior hull island lighting is out of scale a bit. But overall this kit will get added to my stash.

Better hurry. Most places are sold out of this limited edition. I pre-ordered mine from Monsters In Motion back in February and also from Amazon as some retailers often oversell their pre-orders. My Amazon order was canceled two weeks ago for an unspecified reason from the Prime seller and no one else is selling these on Amazon for less than $200. I have seen that there have been problems with fulfillment due to clerical errors. Bandai is not making more of these kits available unfortunately but I hope that will change if the demand is there.

I plan to wait. But glad that I tend to sit back and do so...my patience has paid off because I was forwarded a notice on a FB group that BigBadToys has the 1/350 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon on sale for $236. :oops: Did I jump on that?

Oh, you betcha'. :lol:;)

Could be, but do a little research on the Onegar Class Star Destroyer, I think that is what we might be seeing in this shot. ...The Onegar is supposed to be a bunker buster.

Ala the First Order's Dreadnaught that took out the Resistance Base in Ep. 8?

Okay so it's not dissimilar tech, however the trailer shows that the blast is blowing up the surface of the planet ala what we saw in Rogue One.

The dreadnaught was an interesting ship from below - but it was too plain and flat up top for me to desire Bandai to make a kit of that. Not even one of those mini-kits.

Still, excepting the big shooty canon in the landing bay, those are Devastator Imperial I-Class Destroyers, not Onegar class Destroyers. The Onegar class ships look like a Hammerhead shark.

Onegar Class.jpg

I plan to wait. But glad that I tend to sit back and do so...my patience has paid off because I was forwarded a notice on a FB group that BigBadToys has the 1/350 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon on sale for $236. :oops: Did I jump on that?

Oh, you betcha'. :lol:;)

I saw that. When my Amazon order was cancelled, I jumped on BBTS to see if they had the Lighting SD kit there as someone gave me a link to the PG Falcon - and sure enough it was! Same pre-order price I had through MiM, but MiM does not have the best record on fulfillment, so I wanted another base covered since Amazon fell through. Amazon was $30 more - but it was Prime so no shipping charge. BBTS is $4 flat rate for postal delivery - which - you know, is well.... the Post Office - so you get to enjoy that uncertainty in terms of time and condition.

Ala the First Order's Dreadnaught that took out the Resistance Base in Ep. 8?

Okay so it's not dissimilar tech, however the trailer shows that the blast is blowing up the surface of the planet ala what we saw in Rogue One.

The dreadnaught was an interesting ship from below - but it was too plain and flat up top for me to desire Bandai to make a kit of that. Not even one of those mini-kits.

Still, excepting the big shooty canon in the landing bay, those are Devastator Imperial I-Class Destroyers, not Onegar class Destroyers. The Onegar class ships look like a Hammerhead shark.

View attachment 1053083

Totally, regardless...it's all awesome to me!

It's less likely "ISD with DS superlaser", rather rehash of the Katana Fleet from thrawn trilogy (as always, old EU stuff). Also, ships with DS superlasers are also nothing new, Eclipse and Soveregins were first (and made a little more sense because those ships were still crazy expensive to build, even if I dont like reshashing DS over and over).

I have no interest in this so didn't watch the trailer other than seeing the pics on here. Good lord. I guess JJ didn't think the over scaled Star Destroyer from TLJ was ridiculous enough. "Hey in this one, we're going to have like 1,000 Star Destroyers with giant guns on the bottom!" The New Republic in this doesn't haven't any ships now. What's the point?

Looks like the lit version is going for about $200 or more on amazon now. I have to think more will be stocked and prices will eventually fall--otherwise Bandai is basically throwing money away if there's truly such demand for this kit and they only wind up making a handful of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back