Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

I finally found some some LEDs that work without heat or ugly hot spots. These are COB LEDs and there's no ugly gaps. They are brighter than f too! Glass plexi by Hunk a Junk

i0sRmnp.jpg

jPcTfx3.jpg

FOTsB5L.jpg

vWq0zWQ.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I need some advice on Shapeways plastic, I want to order the Shapeways/Paragrafix centre consul for my PG Falcon and I am reticent about the "finest smooth detail" as these are known for being somewhat fragile. I thought about getting the "White premium versatile plastic" instead.
I know that the "Smooth fine detail plastic "is translucent but brittle and the "white premium" more robust but not as translucent. I intend to light the consul and would appreciate any advice as to which one to try.
Cheers.

Hi, I need some advice on Shapeways plastic, I want to order the Shapeways/Paragrafix centre consul for my PG Falcon and I am reticent about the "finest smooth detail" as these are known for being somewhat fragile. I thought about getting the "White premium versatile plastic" instead.

Don't use "versatile" plastic for any detail work. It has a texture like a sugarcube. It also doesn't pass light very well.

Hi nkg, Thanks, this is going to be for the centre consul which will doesn't have the detail that the kit part has, it's flat so photoetch can be applied. I am mainly concerned with the fragility of the smooth translucent plastic added to the fact that it's not UV stable. I have thought of recasting or getting it recast in polyurethane resin if possible. Oh, I will be doing the rest of the cockpit with your light panels, not made up my mind as to which colour temperature I will be using yet though; so making up two sets.
Thanks for the advice; I will take it into consideration.
Cheers.
Richard

I don't think the fragility of thin 'detail' plastic is a huge worry. It's going to be sealed up inside the model, so that shouldn't be an issue. :) As for UV stability, I would hope that's not going to be a big issue if it's painted. I haven't had any issues so far, anyway.

Or you could cut and file down the Bandai part, I guess.

Hi nkg, thanks, I might just go with the smoothest detail in that case, I will be painting it to light block areas and photoetch will go on other places.
I don't think that this particular part (T1-10) comes as a clear part in the kit otherwise I would do what you suggest; I could carve out the lit areas I suppose if worse comes to worse. I think it would be wisest for me to buy the part that you have suggested and that way I have the original if something goes wrong. I am also very tempted to get the corridor that I believe you made, that compliments the Paragrafix floor?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back