Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Hi nkg , hoping you could do a Shapeways request for the 1/72 bandai.
Hunk a Junk accurized his quad gun interior to the one that's on the 5' Falcon and I was hoping you might do one to add to your already awesome collection of extras I could get for mine.
-12220155_JPG.jpg -12220156_JPG.jpg

Hm. it's certainly something that wouldn't be crazy difficult to do. But it wouldn't be super cheap to print, I'm afraid. I don't know how much interest there'd be in such a project. Also, we don't have full photo coverage of the gunbay interior, and I don't think we have any photos of the underside interior.

For what it's worth, there was no underside interior on the 5-footer because it was where the 2" mounting pipe was inserted. There's just exposed wiring on the inside where the gunbay would be.
attachment-3 copy.jpg

of course, like a dork I modeled all that wiring...
IMG_1751.jpg

The upper studio model port is pretty simple and relatively easy to scratch just with some styrene.
IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

A couple nights ago I finished* the top. I need a few bottles to arrive from ArchiveX before I go at the bottom.
*as much as these things are ever really finished.

I might punch up that forward battle damage with some DK Lark Grey next time I have it in the airbrush. Of course it still has a date with a dremel at some point as well.

I'll try to get the cockpit and upper gun port finished and installed in the next week.

IMG_20200524_223614395_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200524_223717602_HDR.jpg

Well I just slapped a few shapes together as a test. It's not that complicated, especially since there are only so many views of that interior, and large areas are unknown. It'd probably cost $15-20.

I probably should've finished my original Falcon cockpit at some point...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 18.41.41.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 18.41.41.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 18.57.30.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 18.57.30.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
Okay - I've done as much detailing as I can on this thing, given what references I've got. A metric crapton of guesswork, though, since I don't know most of the original parts.

For the fun of it I've made another version with some of the unknown spots filled in with Falcon greeblies.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 00.59.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 00.59.06.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 01.00.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 01.00.49.png
    365 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
That's awesome, nkg !
Definitely want to get this from you, noticed though you already have updated the file on shapeways, should i hold off a bit in case you make any further changes?

Well, I've made some minor changes. However, as noted on the page I haven't done a test print. So I can't guarantee it'll fit perfectly. Hopefully it'll be okay...

No worries. Yes i have the updated one in my cart.
I'll give it a day or so, just have a couple of other things to decide on at shapeways for my Deago.
Thanks for doing this nkg , appreciate it (y)

Okay. Here's my crack at it, with a few extra details thrown in for fun in areas not covered by the photos I have.

Note that I deliberately didn't make it symmetrical. It didn't look like it in the photos, but perhaps some new image will pop up and prove me wrong. :)

Though now I look at it, I think I didn't put enough curvature on the port-side greebly, and the aft diagonal shouldn't be there. Oh well...

gunbay.jpg
windo.jpg

Last edited:
Fabuloso, as George used to say. At some point, maybe someone smarter and more OCD than me will I.D. the parts, but this is likely as close as we'll ever get to accurate.

Actually... crap. The more I look at the photos that show the port side the more it's obvious that there aren't any diagonals, and the whole interior is completely assymetrical. Grrrr. Here's a rework, and I think I'm calling it done now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 01.49.33.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 01.49.33.png
    491 KB · Views: 143

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back