Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Museum quality right here folks!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he also added those reflective 3M Scotchlite strips somewhere on the hull:

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 395
You mean like this? :p
Welp, looks like I’m not done after all!
I had certainly planned on adding these, and wasn’t able to decided between actual tape (will the thickness throw the scale off?) or the paints that have very mixed reviews... Months later, just after weathering the engine deck I thought “wait, wasn’t I going to add those? ...Will anyone notice...?”
Do’h!
Anyways, amazing work on your falcon!

Welp, looks like I’m not done after all!
I had certainly planned on adding these, and wasn’t able to decided between actual tape (will the thickness throw the scale off?) or the paints that have very mixed reviews... Months later, just after weathering the engine deck I thought “wait, wasn’t I going to add those? ...Will anyone notice...?”
Do’h!
Anyways, amazing work on your falcon!

High praise, sir. High praise. The tape I used was from a cheap roll I bought at Menards. The thickness really isn't noticeable. In fact, the tape itself just kind of disappears into all the rest of the details on the ship. I forget that it's even there until I take a picture using a flash. This is what it looks like under normal lighting. You'd never know they were there (as God and Lorne Peterson intended).
Version 2.jpg

im now getting scared about actually doing mine.... i just dont think i could come up to the standards seen here D:

You are in good company then because everyone of us went through the same thing. I looked at Lab's work and numerous others and just thought "no way will I even come close to that!" And I'm still not sure I have, but you just start doing one panel at a time. Stop. Look at it. Look at the reference photos. Squint. Make adjustments. Squint. Then move on to the next panel. Keep things subtle until you have an entire section done and then compare the section to the reference photos and see what needs to be darker or softer or more defined. Then keep going. But just remember, we've all been there. There's five stages of Falcon PG grief: 1) Terror 2) Nightmares 3) Inadequacy 4) Self-loathing and 5) Satisfaction. :p

If it's the same stuff I used, you will not notice the thickness. The strips are thin and small enough that they blend in. They certainly don't pop out as something obviously out of scale.

Hey All, I’ve been stalking this amazing thread for a while and I’m now (finally) knee deep in my Falcon! (I’ll post some pics soon)

I’d really love to skip the cockpit interior for now and get all the exterior stuff done first ... if you’ve done that, how did you accomplish it, since the lower portion of the cockpit tube sits inside the fuselage?

I’m currently mulling over the choice between painting or decal-ing the cockpit and I really don’t want to go there right now lol...

Hey All, I’ve been stalking this amazing thread for a while and I’m now (finally) knee deep in my Falcon! (I’ll post some pics soon)

I’d really love to skip the cockpit interior for now and get all the exterior stuff done first ... if you’ve done that, how did you accomplish it, since the lower portion of the cockpit tube sits inside the fuselage?

I’m currently mulling over the choice between painting or decal-ing the cockpit and I really don’t want to go there right now lol...
Ive been slowly working on mine since the summer and have 95% of the Falcon assembled and primed. Note that the upper and lower halves are still separated and will be until later. I struggled with the cockpit as well and waited until the end but ended up NOT using the decals and painted it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back