Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Very nice indeed!

I'm glad I put so much work into making those bloody undersaucer pits that are on the bottom, recessed, where NOBODY CAN SEE THEM!

:)
Well I'll know and it wouldn't have been right without them. Someone is going to do this conversion as an in flight for sure, they'll be seen. (y) I may put this one n a slow moving turn table...they'll be seen(y)

I have added the ESB lights to mine, as the front landing gear boxes weren't available at that point yet. Maybe Bandai will actually come out with an ESB version?

SB

I have added the ESB lights to mine, as the front landing gear boxes weren't available at that point yet. Maybe Bandai will actually come out with an ESB version?

SB
Well, I kinda hope they don't...it would kill parts sales for Tony and Nkg. Besides, the modifications with the upgrade parts is a very satisfying challenge, though yeah...you have to spend MORE money

Hi fellas, just wondering if anyone knows the story with the dorsal and ventral quad gun panels, or any anecdotes to share.
They slightly differ from each other and I thought it was interesting to see that they seem to have been interchangeable from top to bottom.

bandai dorsal.JPG bandai ventral.JPG
On the Bandai the top turret has the panel with the M40 gun greeblies either side and the ventral turret has a bunch of grapevine like greeblies either side.

On the 5' Falcon the panels are removable to access the mounting holes under each one and in various photos they've appeared to swap back and forth between top and bottom.
zbandai promo vid.png youtube.com/watch?v=Xng3thTHiRg
(The photo above is from the Bandai video, I think its a still from ANH but could be ESB, showing the ventral panel on the topside in prep for filming)

I'm assuming that Bandai has them in their correct ANH locations but its interesting to note that the Chronicles book shows the panels swap their positions too.
-p52c copy.png p68a.jpg -ventral chronicles book p60b.jpg

640150-f68cbd1b022c794e6e61d91258a483c5.png
youtube.com/watch?v=Xng3thTHiRg
(The photo above is from the Bandai video, I think its a still from ANH but could be ESB, showing the ventral panel on the topside in prep for filming)
This shot is ANH, and it's the top panel where it should be. I've never seen any example of the gun panels being swapped. The red/rust panel at the front has always been on the top, at least on the 5 footer.

I'm not referring to the entire turret, yes they haven't changed, just the panels where the quad guns attach to circled in the first 2 photos

That's what happened over the years; some parts fall of and when someone found them somtimes they tried to put it back again for shooting etc., but most of the time, especially with small parts, no one knows or really cares where the part really belongs... So if you take a careful look at all the pictures from the 5-footer from all the years you will find many differences because of this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back