Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Hi Korben,

I'm currently stuck with my Lando Falcon because I can't decide how to weather this kit.
Did you use any kind of wash on your model?

Hey there Sindariel,

On this one, I used an oil paint based wash. I make my washes with a 90% mineral spirits solution and 10% oil paint color. I use an odorless mineral spirits mix. The color I used for the oil paint was lamp black. If I want the wash darker, I'll add more oil paint. If I want it lighter, more mineral spirits. I always put my wash on top of my acrylic paint coating. I like using oil washes because they can be toned down by wiping excess amounts away with pure mineral spirits.

Hope this helps!

Thx for the answer.
I've tried several Abteilung 502 oil washes, but they look all to brownish on this model for my taste. Even the good old Starship Filth.
Haven't tried black yet, because it tends to turn brownish too once thinned, but i'll give it a try.

Do you apply the wash directly onto the flat paint? No gloss coat?

I apply my oil washes directly to the flat paint. The great thing about using lamp black oil paint is that it stays black no matter how thin you make it. Obviously, the thinner the solution, the less it shows up. So you should start out with a relatively thin wash and make it dark to suit your needs.

Maybe this is the key. I'm accustomed to give the model a gloss coat before applying panel line washes, but the Falcon doesn't really have "traditionel" panel lines.

Hey! I've had this kit for some years now, but one of the thrusters for the escape pod broke off. Does anyone know of a company or someone that could have a replacement? I honestly don't want to do Bandai's seemingly long process

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back