Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon Lando version

Try not to keep us waiting too long...lol
I know. NKGuy (and others!) have been waiting months on my sloth-like progress. People are really keen to pitch in. (I’ve a friend at Weta Workshop who bought a Perfect Grade for himself who wants to make a coffee table version of the Bay, so he’s pitching in to help my modest effort in return for the research material.). Even I’m fed-up of myself! But, there has been a lot of hair tearing-out on this project. Key parts of the set are lacking photo-ref. It’s always amazing when a photograph “suddenly” appears from some unexpected source. I’ve actually created one section of the floorplan with areas greyed out for where there’s no reference available. That’ll be going on a webpage, too.

One interesting thing: all these companies that produce modular Death Star walls for action figures? In looking into the panelling of the Death Star walls, there are a number of permutations of key components, the result is which very few individual Death Star Wall panels are alike.

Last edited:
Your Echo Base was amazing. I hope I can help you create something equally showstopping.
Well I appreciate that a lot. i know it was pretty loose but I'm happy with it. Got a 3rd place at a local show. I think it didn't get a higher because everything on the outside i left exposed...should have done a light weight shadow box for it but, oh well
the DS hangar will also be tucked into a wall shelf just below the Echo shelf...I'm going to run out of shelves pretty soon.

Sorry Korban...we're way of topic on your thread :whistle: but i know you dont care:lol::lol::lol:

The Death Star stuff sounds fantastic!

The way these guys are talking...it's going to shame me into making more of an effort than I thought I was going to...same thing happened with Echo. That one was NEVER intended to be as elaborate as it turned out, nor take as long...or COST AS MUCH! :eek::lol:

NK Guy made me these rather splendid fittings, available on his Age Of Plastic Shapeways page.

E48610F4-56AD-44FE-88BF-74013B2548B6.jpeg
DC1EDC2D-04B1-41C6-9409-CB5D9F2D1AED.jpeg

I love the journey, but I do love having finished stuff I can appreciate more

I actually find sometimes by the end of a build I am a little sick of it for lack of a better way to describe it.

I tend to never be satisfied with what I have done and often the final piece never quite seemed to turn out as good as I had intended or hoped it would. i.e. I had these grandiose ideas of how it would look, or if I was trying to copy what others had done it would look as good..

I also have so many unfinished things that I have started where the builds stall because I want to make things perfect, or I want to add these additional details, or fix this or that, but then get mired down in all of the expectations and move on to something easier.

However when I finish something, after I stick it on the shelf for a while and work on other things, I notice when I look back on it, I start to see it differently and wind up surprised how good it actually did turn out (even if it wasn't perfect) or I never got around to adding all these additional details

It's kind of like you get to enjoy it from a fresh perspective

I actually find sometimes by the end of a build I am a little sick of it for lack of a better way to describe it.

I tend to never be satisfied with what I have done and often the final piece never quite seemed to turn out as good as I had intended or hoped it would. i.e. I had these grandiose ideas of how it would look, or if I was trying to copy what others had done it would look as good..

I also have so many unfinished things that I have started where the builds stall because I want to make things perfect, or I want to add these additional details, or fix this or that, but then get mired down in all of the expectations and move on to something

However when I finish something, after I stick it on the shelf for a while and work on other things, I notice when I look back on it, I start to see it differently and wind up surprised how good it actually did turn out (even if it wasn't perfect) or I never got around to adding all these additional details

I echo verything you just said.

I also have so many unfinished things that I have started where the builds stall because I want to make things perfect, or I want to add these additional details, or fix this or that, but then get mired down in all of the expectations and move on to something easier.

I get that, I've got Echo Base on a timer. light comes on at dusk and runs till 9:30 or so. I'll go to shut things down for bedtime around 8:30...and every few days I'll stop and stare at it for a minute before I sack out:lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back