AVP 3d bas relief

crawjaw

Sr Member
Started this about 1.5 years ago betwen moulding and casting another project. Sort of got left under the bed until today when I photographed it. Sculpt is probably about 75% done so intend getting back into it again.
Note the metre ruler for scale.

AVP-_10-26-2009_4988.jpg

Edit - Just noticed it's not a metre ruler

AVP-_10-26-2009_4988.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm actually quite excited about getting back to this now that it's surfaced from under my bed. I've got several ideas floating about how I'm going to cast and display it, so there will be several versions of it once it's moulded.

I said I was 75% done but the last 25% should see a lot more detail and hopefully a lot more sharper lines. Trying to flesh out the whole piece before i get bogged down in any one area. Shame my eyesight aint so sharp as it used to be.

If you're going to be casting and selling them, then I may be interested in a raw copy, I'd love to have a go at painting it myself!

If you're going to be casting and selling them, then I may be interested in a raw copy, I'd love to have a go at painting it myself!
Hi Justin
I've seen examples of your painting skills so not surprised you might be interested in an unpainted copy. Will keep you updated with progress.

Thanks for the encouaging comments guys. Did a bit more work on it yesterday but progress is slow. It's been a wee while since I sculpted, having spent the last few months casting and painting. Amazing how quickly you get rusty.

Update of progress. Not much I'm afraid, but the photos are handy for me to see things I sometimes miss in the flesh.

AVP-_11-03-2009_5051.jpg

I tend to go round in circles developing the shape and then detail. Still to do Predators backpack then the whole sculpt will be roughly at the same stage. Then I'll go round the whole thing again refining, then remove toolmarks.

AVP-_11-03-2009_5051.jpg

This is such a cool sculpt.
Cheers for that. I thought the sculpt didn't look to bad until I photographed it up close. I see lots of tool marks needing blended out. Really have a problem focusing close with my specs. and could do with another pair that focuses about 9" away.
Middle age doesn't come on its own. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back