Atomic City D-7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent job, especially on the lighting aspect, which the kit wasn't really designed for.

I recently discovered your YouTube channel and that's what led me back to the RPF.

steve this is just great, i realy want to build one of these, but i want to get the big e first :)
i realy enjoy watching your vid's just before bed time.

welcome to the forum flyandfight.

Thanks you guys and Dennis I like the brass. I've painted the brass in the past and the paint will over time chip off.
Here's another idea if someone doesn't want brass.. heat shrink tubing. It'll look rubbery, but it would be black, or any other colour if they have anything that wide.

As I haven't posted in this thread yet, I'll also add my congrats and well done. I'm very impressed at your skill level on everything you've done! I now look forward to seeing your videos every day, and is indeed a highlight of my day!

Perma Blue will blacken brass. It's mainly marketed for touching up the finish on firearms, so look for it the sporting goods section of your local Walmart/Kmart/dedicated sporting goods store. Something the size of that brass tube can end up kind of blotchy, so I'd practice on another piece beforehand.

Thanks Trooper!

Steve

P.S. What's next?? I'm building a small movie Klingon cruiser just for fun for myself and hoping for more work. I'm unemployed again and back to work on Star Trek Sirius.

STAR TREK: SIRIUS

Here it is in it's new home:

12903-p4300332.jpg

I shortened the brass pole by 4.5 inches so that it was the same height as the MR Enterprise and added a wood frame for the base to sit in. I am going to stain and clear coat the wood frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back