interfacet

Hi, Its been few years since my last post on this forum but I thought it will be a good idea to share this with wider public and make updates on this thread while making my degree build. I am a Prop making student in London and through these few years I managed to work in the prop department's in few movies. Because my last year of the degree came I have to create my Degree exhibition project. I was given the Ark of the Covenant from Indiana Jones. I am aware that there are many kits available and there were different runs regarding similar projects - Philip Wise's project on Rebel Scum forum, which later moved to the RPF with cooperation with Bluerealm and also the GoldenArmour's kit that is available on their website. However this is not the point of this build. I will be making it again from the scratch as I have seen that its been years from last run of their project and I will be measuring and creating everything myself of with a help from my friends (I have limited time to finish it).

I hope that everyone reading this thread will be enjoying it and possibly even help with my future build. I will probably also advertise some of my sculptures like Cherubs for sale to support this build???? We will see about this yet.

The plan is to sculpt mostly every part and make it in traditional ways - minimum usage of 3D printing. The same way that they made in in Elstree Studios back in the day.

Well Wish me luck as I am moving in the meantime and after that I am going 150% on this project.

ERux2mkU0AAGy0d.jpg-large.jpeg

Always interested in an Ark build. I have the PW kit and only after I purchased it did I see that there were details that were overlooked. It's still the premium Ark kit anyone's every produced as there are none better. It looks insane when plated and completed. I just wish I could fix these issues and I can't without a re-haul of some major pieces. Of course, most of these details are usually overlooked by anyone else except a Raiders fanatic like myself. I guess its a sickness or so I'm told.

Always interested in an Ark build. I have the PW kit and only after I purchased it did I see that there were details that were overlooked. It's still the premium Ark kit anyone's every produced as there are none better. It looks insane when plated and completed. I just wish I could fix these issues and I can't without a re-haul of some major pieces. Of course, most of these details are usually overlooked by anyone else except a Raiders fanatic like myself. I guess its a sickness or so I'm told.

What details?

W
Would you be able to help me with some dimensions and the parts that the details were too good? I am trying to get it as close as I can.

What details?
The reliefs for the PW Ark were hand sculpted so although they seem to be the absolute best available they still have some minor flaws for accuracy. There are many spots on the smaller relief that should be flatter (sky area) and are slightly bulbus.
The biggest flaw IMO is that the top leafing around the edge of the lid are supposed to extend all the way to the end of the lid but do not.
The kit was built differently that the original prop with a reinforced inner lid and box. If you want the kits interior to look exact to the film you have to do some reconfiguring to make it work.
Again, this is coming from a hardcore fan. Most people wouldn't care at all about any of this.

Attachments

• 140341932_b698d5a464_n.jpg
    140341932_b698d5a464_n.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 165
I'll do what I can.
I am missing dimensions of the pinecone that is on the bottom. I am not sure what are the dimensions of it. I managed to get the size of the top decor ( the small humans) 3 inch by 1.75. im focusing on this for now but it would be nice to get into the pinecones soon.

Quick update about the build. After few chats with my friend I managed to get first files for the lid decor. They are looking decent and hopefully I will manage to print them this week and mould it soon. we managed to get two different types - corner ones and side ones.
252903817_3001060200162017_5060014216994139872_n.jpg
257968784_1053239398767196_6957792860680807108_n.jpg

Addifionally I have some photos of the progress of the cherubs. They look decent as for now - still a bit more work to do on them.

256669831_575855920186727_8146941139740089229_n.jpg
257199160_262959829194244_76531835725615863_n.jpg

I am missing dimensions of the pinecone that is on the bottom. I am not sure what are the dimensions of it. I managed to get the size of the top decor ( the small humans) 3 inch by 1.75. im focusing on this for now but it would be nice to get into the pinecones soon.
It'll be a minute before I can unload the kit to get the dimensions. Probably over the weekend or Thanksgiving weekend for sure when I'll have time off work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back