Anyone planning on picking up the Target Helmets and "improving" on them?

I'm trying to get some decent spray paint colors for Fett. I think this is what I will use.
Dome and cheeks - Rustoleum Satin Moss Green
e3b983a6-3cc3-4b7f-b82e-b6a56b154250_300.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AP5X9V9CUr4/Twu5yW0GkEI/AAAAAAAABOE/y-kNMhBJujM/s1600/102_3142.JPG

Mandibles - http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee152/wasian538/Bike/DSCN3653.jpg

Back - http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/29/299d72ea-ef45-4096-90c8-a02c402357d4_1000.jpg

And for the upper cheek area, is it black or dark green? I've seen both. I haven't found a good dark green yet.

The back of the helmet is actually a very greenish blue color. It isn't dark green.

The black on the cheeks was definitely misted with green in the film, but I personally think the black looks cleaner.

I listed the colors I used a little bit back in the thread and I found out afterwards it lined up pretty well with the TDH list so you could use the same ones. :)

I went to pick one up today, but took a pass. It was much to large. Looked more like a bobblehead. From the side it
looked ok but from the front it's so wide. Has anyone taken a comparison shot with an accurate prop helmet from the
front? I would be very interested in seeing how it compares.

Has anyone done anything with the stormtrooper bucket?
I have three and want to make them look better
I am just looking for something to use as a lens.
Pics would be great.

Re: Anyone planning on picking up the Target Helmets and...

I went over to the the dented helmet board and I found a full frontal shot compared to a accurate helmet, and I was wrong.
It's pretty close to the same size. I think maybe it just looks wide because the bottom part of the helmet is still in the packaging
which makes it look wider. I'll go look again tomorrow, and probably grab one.

Last edited:
I've been following this thread a lot and went out and picked up a Boba Fett helmet. Someone on another website posted this photo comparing the Target Boba Fett helmet with Don Post deluxe fiberglass helmet. To me looks a little wider but not much.image3_edited.jpg

OK, I picked it up today, but I still think it's just too big. I'm 6' 04", 210 lbs, and I think it looks funny on me. I was hoping the size was
close enough to give it a repaint and use it for trooping, but it's not going to work for that. It is too wide and too tall. Even for $30 I can't
see much use for it, not even for a repaint and display.

IMG_1286.JPG

OK, I picked it up today, but I still think it's just too big. I'm 6' 04", 210 lbs, and I think it looks funny on me. I was hoping the size was
close enough to give it a repaint and use it for trooping, but it's not going to work for that. It is too wide and too tall. Even for $30 I can't
see much use for it, not even for a repaint and display.

View attachment 530241

Wouldn't you need to be wearing the jumpsuit and armor vest to get a better idea of the fit? The armor and vest will make your shoulders a lot wider.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-09.jpg

I guess. I just don't know, it seems so damn big. Jeremy Bulloch must have a ridiculously long neck. I have a long neck and you can even see mine
when I'm wearing the helmet. I wonder what the detentions of the screen used helmet is?

Looking at the ESB promo shot, if you kinda squint and imagine the cape isn't there, I think the actual helmet is even (relatively speaking) wider on Bulloch's shoulders. I mean, drawing a line through his upper arms to where the joint must be, it looks like the helmet is almost as wide as he is. Might just have to bite the bullet, suffer with some reduced vision, and install a basic suspension in there to make it sit high enough.

Double the padding. Tilt the front down a hair. It's been proven that it's very close in size.

Look how his helmet sits. Look at the shoulder armor and how wide his shoulders appear...

I've had dinner and hung out with Jeremy 3 or 4 times. He's not that big. I'm 5'10. He's close to my size. But he's very skinny.

It sits pretty well on my head with the ring of padding already in it. It lines up with my eyes perfectly.

I've done some work on my Boba Fett helmet.
img_4096.jpg

Primed
img_4107.jpg

I did my own method of masking for the damaged buy brushing on plasti dip.
img_4114.jpg

Rustoleum Satin Claret Wine
img_4121.jpg

Using a microfiber towel, I rubbed where the plasti dip was until it came off. It isn't as clean or precise a method as using real masking fluid, but its not too bad if you aren't worried about being super accurate.
img_4122.jpg

img_4123.jpg

img_4124.jpg

I think for the rest of the helmet, I will just paint on the damage. It will be easier and look good enough for me.

Remember Jeremy's older now. He was 6'1" when he filmed ESB and ROTJ. Some of the secondary measurements look off, but I asked someone to measure around the base of the dome and it was 730mm. The known-provenance cast-resin helmets are about 725mm around. I've never gotten a measurement of the MR PP3 helmet to compare...

--Jonah

IMG_3433.JPGJust finished a trooper - Here he is on display with some other Rubies pieces that I modified to certain extents. He's now got some stunt lenses, along with Kylo. Also repainted the black features after stripping the entire bucket. Kylo got a glossier refinishing, but I've still got the battle damage and metallic finish to incorporate.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back