Anyone planning on picking up the Target Helmets and "improving" on them?

still no fetts here. however a couple Spirit Halloween stores have the kylo and vaders from target's left-overs from last year, I found that funny.

20160920_090403.jpg20160920_093230.jpg20160920_085846.jpg
Been waiting on my Anovos OT helmet going on 2 years now! I saw this at Target and couldn't help myself. I have no idea what Im doing but I duct taped the seam together, covered the 3 mouth holes with black electrical tape and replaced the eye mesh with some green faceshield I found at work. I think it looks way better already!

Attachments

• 20160920_085846.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 85
haven't seen the fetts at any of the targets around me, though the helmets are listed elsewhere such as amazon for a new retail price around $50.

Anyone planning on picking up the Target Helmets and "improving" on them?

Been checking all the Targets around my area, as well. NO Fetts. Not really a lot of stock left of what they do have. Haven't seen a Kylo helmet anywhere for a couple of weeks. Not that I care.

Good thing I took the tip and ordered a BF helmet from Jet, I guess. But if I saw another one somewhere for cheaper, I'd pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, does anyone who's snagged one of these Boba Fett helmets -- and who has the 3D modeling chops -- feel up to taking a whack at doing the interior details shown in Jango's blown-up helmet from Clone Wars?

--Jonah

Finally (nearly) done painting by Target Boba. Wow, that took a lot longer than expected. Gives me a lot of respect for the guys who do these so well on TDH. I may still shorten the RF stalk a bit (I think I overdid the extension slightly) and add a bit more general weathering and missed details, but it's been a fun project! I used mainly Model Master enamels, since I don't really have any experience with them. Tried to get the right colors off the shelf, but ended up having to mix most of them, and still didn't quite hit them on the nose. As a learning project, though, I feel it went pretty well. Who knows, I may repaint the whole thing one day, haha.

Mainly a topical paint job. I used a variety of templates from the folks at TDH as a guide for the first pass of color in each zone, and freehanded the subsequent layers, so nothing's truly exact. I stenciled the decals by transferring templates to blue tape with graphite paper, which turned out to be a really easy easy to get them done. I haven't decided how I want to tint the visor yet, so there's just a piece of fabric behind it for now.

The dent shape was corrected somewhat with Apoxie sculpt, and the rangefinder stalk extended with brass as I posted a couple pages back. At some point, I'd like to fix the shape of the RF, too.

View attachment 531604 View attachment 531601 View attachment 531602 View attachment 531603

Almost four years later, and I still can't believe how cool this turned out. Gotta get mine off the shelf and finish it up.

SB

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back