Anovos Stormtrooper Kit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Radioman, May 7, 2015.

1. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Since it seems like a lot of us took advantage of the Anovos Stormtrooper kit pre-sale, I thought it might be good to start a thread for those of us first time Stormtrooper kit builders to began compiling resources. I mean, we ONLY have 8 months or so until we get our kits!

We will need boots. Anyone have a good resource for those?

We will need a blaster. An E-11 for sure. I have two 3D printers but can't find an STL file for it. I'm considering doing the build myself but I'll need tech drawings or precise measurements.

I've been watching lots of videos about voice modulators, helmet fans, ear mics, and even video feeds. Geez. There's a lot you can do with these helmets.

Any experienced builders that want to help us out would be appreciated!

Mark

Art Andrews likes this.
  2. Marv

Marv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Best go to Whitearmor.net

3. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

A 'stl' file for the Blaster can be found on Grabcad or Thingiverse.

For the voice kit - I use a waistband amp. it does a perfectly good job & very cheap.

4. VinMan

VinMan Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Blaster builders club also has E-11 Blaster tutorials for a PVC scratch build

5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

6. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

As the other guys said, whitearmor.net is pretty much the forum for stormtrooper builds. For boots, tkboots.com is generally the best, but they have some pretty tough wait times. There's a new guy starting to get into it which is great to have an alternative. His name is Francois (zhongvador on whitearmor.net) and his website is imperialboots.com. I just got some boots from him the other day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

One other good place to look, check out trooperbay.com. Mike has a ton of stuff on there, nice to just pick it up in one place. Neck seals, holsters, canvas belts. Also correct rivets, humbrol paint, decals, etc.

7. vader1974

vader1974 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

How are the imperialboots? Well made? Comfortable? Etc...

8. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

They seem fine, I'm happy with them. Most of my friends have tkboots.com, and to be honest they are probably a bit nicer. But Francois' stuff is in stock and he's easy to get a hold of. I actually was on a list with him for a little while though, waiting for his latest revision version based on the feedback from the whitearmor.net folks.

I can say that his pilot boots will be the go-to that I recommend to Rebel Legion folks. Way better than playing eBay roulette with crummy army surplus knock-off jackboots.

9. Picasso69

Picasso69 New Member

What about tkboots.com have you checked them out? Sorry I just read all the comments. I guess I need to go check out imperialboots. I just ordered my Anovos kit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  10. Johnbhoagland

Johnbhoagland New Member

I just downloaded a set of plans for a scratch build E-11, going to attempt to manufacture most of it in the machine shop over the next few weeks...Will update as it goes while we wait for the Anovos kit to arrive... Looking fwd to the conversations here & on whitearmor cheers all

11. Andrewhitc

Andrewhitc Member

As was said before visit whitearmor.net there is a lot of tutorials, WIPs and other materials to finish stormtrooper kit, beside you don't need to build helmet in this kit. And ofc all information you can find to build screen accurate armor.

For boots I use TKBOOTS

Voice: voice amplifier and for fx firstly use iComm but now upgrade to RomFx

12. fk00gsr

fk00gsr New Member

Hi - do you mind sharing where you found the plans as I'd also like to build my own. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. cymico

cymico New Member

TKboots is out !!
    I contacted him many times for order. Each time, he said me he forgot my name of the list.
    After waiting 1 year, I decided to stop to wait.I ordered from Imperial Boots. I got my boots 2 weeks later.
    For burst static, forget RomFX. Since John has been health problem, these RomFX are rares..
    I had 2 RomFX, It's a great, but for my TD, I ordered an IComm, because John had not RomFX in stock.
    IComm is nice too

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. cymico

cymico New Member

15. gobler

gobler Sr Member

^^^ yeah, out of stock. Perhaps we can have a build party for the SoCal group..? I think trooperbay.com has a blaster kit. Never bought from them but it turned up using google. They also have a nice shoulder pad for a sandy..

16. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Totally down for a SoCal build party.

17. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

Almost everybody gets a DoopyDoos blaster, but I've had a terrible time getting ever getting ahold of them. I'd just wait until Mike at trooperbay.com lists a batch on his site and just buy from him. You know you'll actually get it.

Trooperbay.com is legit, and pretty much a staple at this point for trooper builds.

18. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

I'm going to 3d print my blaster although I'll do the barrel out off pvc for ease. Just got the files today and I'm trying to figure out orientation and support for printing, bleh.

19. Lowbacca

Lowbacca New Member

I also ordered the Anovos kit and I'm looking for boots. I checked out imperial boots but their "how to order" page says under construction and there is no email or contact info anywhere on the site? How do i get in contact with Francois?

20. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

My first PVC pipe blaster, like I suspect many people's, was from templates I got off of Imperial Fleet. Some minor inaccuracies, but a good start. You glue the template on your chunk of pipe, and drill. The mag housing and magazine just fold together like papercraft. The Hengstler I found a separate tutorial for online, as well as the M19 scope (wanted the more common M38, but couldn't find a tutorial for that one). This time I am going with metal conduit and the, sadly now aborted, significantly improved plans (what parts were published) over at Whitearmor, and probably modify my M41a scope to be a little better match to the M38. Apart from the grip (which this time I may order a resin copy of), it's really not a terribly difficult, time-consuming, or expensive project to scratch build one. Other than going all metal this time, biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some way to replicate the parkerized finish - tried hammered spray paint last time, but it one didn't really show up all that well, and two doesn't match the parkerized look at all.

21. VinMan

I found complete 3D files for the E-11 Blaster broken down into 32 individual STL files on the Thingaverse Website.
    Not sure if they work or not but seems legit.

22. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Yeah, I know. That fella posted the broken down files over the weekend because I asked him (nicely) to do so. ;)

I'm going to start printing them out over the next couple of weeks. I will probably do PVC for the barrel since that's going to be too long for my printer.

mark

23. VinMan

Let me know how that goes.

I downloaded all the files the other night.
    We have free technology workshop where I live sponsored by The University of Louisville and General Electric that has two makerbot printers and a laser cutter.
    I'm going to get in there this week and try my luck at printing them off.

I'm building two of them. One to keep and one to sell to pay for the parts.
    Already have the barrel and muzzle complete but my Dremel died last night. I think I'll pick up a replacement on Craig's List.

24. CT7567

CT7567 Active Member

You lucky duck

25. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

I'm not going to do the exposed spring in the barrel because a) I've never seen that before and b) I don't see that printing cleanly at all. I do my best to avoid printing support material when I can because it's messy and uses a lot of filament. I have two printers so I'm going to try and have it all done within a couple of days. I'll post progress.

Mark

26. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

Interesting, let us know how they look.

I'm about *THIS* close to finally pulling the trigger on a Lulzbot TAZ 5. We had a big industrial 3D printer at my last company, but I started a new job a couple months ago.

If I could only get ahold of the STL's for the Han in Carbonite greeblies too...

27. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Quick update. I started printing out the pieces for that E-11. Not going well. It was clearly designed and cut up without really considering the printing. I will always try to avoid printing support material because it just destroys detail when it doesn't come off well. I finally resorted to using Netfabb to start cutting these along the vertical so I at least had a flat side to print upwards from. I spent today building an enclosure for my big printer so I'll probably get back to the E-11 over the next week or so.

Mark

28. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

While printing the whole thing sounds like a very cool idea, it seems like it actually might make more sense, in terms of both cost, and ease of manufacture, to drill out a piece of pvc pipe (if you want to use the 40mm templates) or a piece of EMT conduit (if you want to get really close to the real sterling dimensions), and just print the smaller, odd-shaped bits like the sights, cocking lever, grip, muzzle, etc. to attach to that.

29. cyclocrosschris

cyclocrosschris Active Member

Re: Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?
    I just received a status email from being a 350$ kit purchaser..and posted the following to their Facebook page...."regarding the Episode4 stormtrooper kit. Those of us experienced troopers purchased this kit to assemble to a higher standard and accepted the prebuilt helmet because we had to...you (anovos) now offer that same helmet in kit form. Could the kit purchasers forgo the assembled helmet and get a helmet kit instead? That is the purpose of the kit vs. Assembled option." GOTMAUL....could you chime in as Im sure others feel the same way? Thank you

30. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Almost have my E11 finished. Built up from the Sterling Airsoft, It should still fire, I've cut down the magazine but it still loads BBs. I don't have a battery so can't really test it. I still need to work on getting the rail attached, it's mostly just sitting in place at the moment. Looking forward to starting work on the armor later this year.

2015-06-15-E11.jpg

smoothrat likes this.
  31. VinMan

here is some of the progress of the pieces printed and cleaned up
    IMG_5222.jpg IMG_5226.jpg IMG_5227.jpg IMG_5229.jpg
    IMG_5231.jpg IMG_5235.jpg
    I'm building two blasters.
    so far I ave here
    • Tank Scope
    • Two Pieces from the Folding Stock
    • Greebies for the Magazine Housing
    • Greebies for Henstler Counter
    • Front and Rear Sights
    • End Cap
    • Mounting Brackets
    • Slide Bolt Arm

The main body is PVC Conduit
    The Magazine Housing and Magazine were constructed with PVC Board but the screw and greebies were printed

32. chibigear

chibigear Active Member

Sorry for the 'Sold out' message from Doobydoo's... We have ordered ten E-11 blasters, in several shipments to Finland in this spring. After our orders, there has been some time before they have been able to cast more blasters, and they were ordered to Finland as well... They should have more coming in, and we are NOT going to order more.

Here are our Doobydoo's, one Hasbro, and one RS Prop Masters E-11-
    11703511_10206369801700034_6712386491821121972_o.jpg

And with the Propmasters alone;

11703511_10206369801660033_4424945548530062566_o.jpg

All in al, for the money, Doobydoo's and RSP blasters are nice. The RS one was shipped ready to use, and nice enoguh. I would have drilled out the bolts on the muzzle and replaced them wiht new ones, and the sight rail is too low for my taste. Also missing in the RSPorps one is the spring. The hole where it should show up is covered. Still, for ready to use gun, not that bad.

Sorry for buying out the Doobys of late, we will give you the opportunity to get yours now.

Cheers, Ville from Finland.

33. defleshjedi

defleshjedi New Member

Hey wh1plash since you mention HIC greeblies ... even though a bit OT I thought I'd give out a link to a little something I reverse engineered a while back https://grabcad.com/library/volvo-panel-1 while not the greeblies you ask for it's still something that may be of interest - enjoy

34. wh1plash

wh1plash Member

Hey that's awesome! I have a set on the way from BigTurc, but still. Would love to find a 3D printer big enough that could do one of these panels in one shot. The one we had at work wasn't even quite that big.

35. defleshjedi

defleshjedi New Member

ha ... me too!