Anovos Stormtrooper Kit

Radioman

Since it seems like a lot of us took advantage of the Anovos Stormtrooper kit pre-sale, I thought it might be good to start a thread for those of us first time Stormtrooper kit builders to began compiling resources. I mean, we ONLY have 8 months or so until we get our kits!

We will need boots. Anyone have a good resource for those?

We will need a blaster. An E-11 for sure. I have two 3D printers but can't find an STL file for it. I'm considering doing the build myself but I'll need tech drawings or precise measurements.

I've been watching lots of videos about voice modulators, helmet fans, ear mics, and even video feeds. Geez. There's a lot you can do with these helmets.

Any experienced builders that want to help us out would be appreciated!

Mark

A 'stl' file for the Blaster can be found on Grabcad or Thingiverse.

For the voice kit - I use a waistband amp. it does a perfectly good job & very cheap.

We will need boots. Anyone have a good resource for those?

As the other guys said, whitearmor.net is pretty much the forum for stormtrooper builds. For boots, tkboots.com is generally the best, but they have some pretty tough wait times. There's a new guy starting to get into it which is great to have an alternative. His name is Francois (zhongvador on whitearmor.net) and his website is imperialboots.com. I just got some boots from him the other day:

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

One other good place to look, check out trooperbay.com. Mike has a ton of stuff on there, nice to just pick it up in one place. Neck seals, holsters, canvas belts. Also correct rivets, humbrol paint, decals, etc.

How are the imperialboots? Well made? Comfortable? Etc...

They seem fine, I'm happy with them. Most of my friends have tkboots.com, and to be honest they are probably a bit nicer. But Francois' stuff is in stock and he's easy to get a hold of. I actually was on a list with him for a little while though, waiting for his latest revision version based on the feedback from the whitearmor.net folks.

I can say that his pilot boots will be the go-to that I recommend to Rebel Legion folks. Way better than playing eBay roulette with crummy army surplus knock-off jackboots.

What about tkboots.com have you checked them out? Sorry I just read all the comments. I guess I need to go check out imperialboots. I just ordered my Anovos kit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just downloaded a set of plans for a scratch build E-11, going to attempt to manufacture most of it in the machine shop over the next few weeks...Will update as it goes while we wait for the Anovos kit to arrive... Looking fwd to the conversations here & on whitearmor cheers all

As was said before visit whitearmor.net there is a lot of tutorials, WIPs and other materials to finish stormtrooper kit, beside you don't need to build helmet in this kit. And ofc all information you can find to build screen accurate armor.

For boots I use TKBOOTS

Voice: voice amplifier and for fx firstly use iComm but now upgrade to RomFx

I just downloaded a set of plans for a scratch build E-11, going to attempt to manufacture most of it in the machine shop over the next few weeks...Will update as it goes while we wait for the Anovos kit to arrive... Looking fwd to the conversations here & on whitearmor cheers all

Hi - do you mind sharing where you found the plans as I'd also like to build my own. Thanks!

TKboots is out !!
I contacted him many times for order. Each time, he said me he forgot my name of the list.
After waiting 1 year, I decided to stop to wait.I ordered from Imperial Boots. I got my boots 2 weeks later.
For burst static, forget RomFX. Since John has been health problem, these RomFX are rares..
I had 2 RomFX, It's a great, but for my TD, I ordered an IComm, because John had not RomFX in stock.
IComm is nice too [emoji4]

Last edited:
^^^ yeah, out of stock. Perhaps we can have a build party for the SoCal group..? I think trooperbay.com has a blaster kit. Never bought from them but it turned up using google. They also have a nice shoulder pad for a sandy..

For blaster E11, if you already got hasbro blaster, buy the conversion kit, if you dont, order complete kit
http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

Almost everybody gets a DoopyDoos blaster, but I've had a terrible time getting ever getting ahold of them. I'd just wait until Mike at trooperbay.com lists a batch on his site and just buy from him. You know you'll actually get it.

^^^ yeah, out of stock. Perhaps we can have a build party for the SoCal group..? I think trooperbay.com has a blaster kit. Never bought from them but it turned up using google. They also have a nice shoulder pad for a sandy..

Trooperbay.com is legit, and pretty much a staple at this point for trooper builds.

I'm going to 3d print my blaster although I'll do the barrel out off pvc for ease. Just got the files today and I'm trying to figure out orientation and support for printing, bleh.

I also ordered the Anovos kit and I'm looking for boots. I checked out imperial boots but their "how to order" page says under construction and there is no email or contact info anywhere on the site? How do i get in contact with Francois?

Hi - do you mind sharing where you found the plans as I'd also like to build my own. Thanks!

My first PVC pipe blaster, like I suspect many people's, was from templates I got off of Imperial Fleet. Some minor inaccuracies, but a good start. You glue the template on your chunk of pipe, and drill. The mag housing and magazine just fold together like papercraft. The Hengstler I found a separate tutorial for online, as well as the M19 scope (wanted the more common M38, but couldn't find a tutorial for that one). This time I am going with metal conduit and the, sadly now aborted, significantly improved plans (what parts were published) over at Whitearmor, and probably modify my M41a scope to be a little better match to the M38. Apart from the grip (which this time I may order a resin copy of), it's really not a terribly difficult, time-consuming, or expensive project to scratch build one. Other than going all metal this time, biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some way to replicate the parkerized finish - tried hammered spray paint last time, but it one didn't really show up all that well, and two doesn't match the parkerized look at all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back