ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

You seem so surprised by this

I’m not surprised they’re selling it. Some people, after receiving something they’ve wanted and fought to get for so long, just go “eh” and pass it along.

I guess I SHOULDN’T be surprised they’re trying to make as much money as they can. It just really sucks. I remember being super broke and not being able to afford a prop or anything years ago. I know what that feels like. So I’m the guy that sells things for a small markup because usually people who are buying them here will actually ENJOY it. Not turn around and sell it again for more profit. It just sucks we can’t take care of one another as a community.

Then again! He may NOT be an RPF guy, so?

I’m not surprised they’re selling it. Some people, after receiving something they’ve wanted and fought to get for so long, just go “eh” and pass it along.

I guess I SHOULDN’T be surprised they’re trying to make as much money as they can. It just really sucks. I remember being super broke and not being able to afford a prop or anything years ago. I know what that feels like. So I’m the guy that sells things for a small markup because usually people who are buying them here will actually ENJOY it. Not turn around and sell it again for more profit. It just sucks we can’t take care of one another as a community.

Then again! He may NOT be an RPF guy, so?

People buying stuff like this and flipping it is a tale as old as time. Yea it sucks but nothing you can do about it

Am I the only one that finds the fictional description of the Han Solo jacket being made of “nerf-hide” just profoundly silly?

Star Wars just can’t stop self-referencing everything in its past.

“Remember when Princess Leia called Han Solo a ‘nerf-herder’ in The Empire Strikes Back?? Well now he has a jacket made of nerf-hide that has been hand-dyed with dark ‘member berry juice’...”

Anyway, I just received a response from ANOVOS customer support regarding a shipping inquiry that I sent on August 17th. Just an outstanding customer service experience.

The request for feedback, attached to their email, is giggle-inducing:

View attachment 1244591

Fixed it for them:

rate-aNOvos.jpg

I’ve got a question for those of you who have the TFA Solo Jacket related to the construction of the jacket; specifically, the placement of the magnets as it related to the jacket Closing:

I was always under the impression that (although Solo’s Jacket is never seen worn Closed on-screen), that the design of the jacket was that the magnets on the jacket-wearer’s Left side close OVER the jacket’s Right side (meaning that the Shorter side of the jackets closure sits on the outside of the jacket …and not underneath

…and that it’s this position -and the position of the magnets- that allows the jacket to Close (however weak a connection that might be)

I’ve only seen 2 of these jackets so far: The one JOATRASH has and the one zsherman just pointed out on TheBay…
Both are closed in a way opposite to what I’d seen before -or understood to be the way the jacket ‘works’

JOATRASH, can you confirm?
Does the jacket close (and Do the magnets still have a connection) if the front of the jacket overlaps the Other way that I’ve described?
Or do does the change in the magnets orientation push the front flaps apart?

(forgive me, folks LOL I’m trying to remember how these thin magnet plates work)

800 is way more than I would ever consider paying, but it's understandable. $300 may seem like a pretty steep upcharge, unless you consider that it's a fee for "You will get it this week, as opposed to sending me the money now to (maybe) get in in three years." charge.

And, in true screw-fans, money-grabbing form, some price-gauging a-hole just put his ANOVOS Solo jacket up for sale on eBay.

$300 more?! Sure, make a LITTLE back, but why try to screw people? Start the auction at $100 more than you paid with shipping and see where it goes. I have NEVER respected people who do this to members of our own community. Lame. I mean there are literally thousands of people out there, not as Lucy or liquid as others, so the fact people put price something so high very few people can afford it in the fan base makes me mad.

Yeah but the current price on Anovos's site is $800 so it's priced at the current going rate. All seems fair here.
If your neighbor is selling their car for $5000 and you have the exact same car that you paid $3000 for guess what the value of your car is?

Cheers
Steven

I’ve got a question for those of you who have the TFA Solo Jacket related to the construction of the jacket; specifically, the placement of the magnets as it related to the jacket Closing:

I was always under the impression that (although Solo’s Jacket is never seen worn Closed on-screen), that the design of the jacket was that the magnets on the jacket-wearer’s Left side close OVER the jacket’s Right side (meaning that the Shorter side of the jackets closure sits on the outside of the jacket …and not underneath

…and that it’s this position -and the position of the magnets- that allows the jacket to Close (however weak a connection that might be)

I’ve only seen 2 of these jackets so far: The one JOATRASH has and the one zsherman just pointed out on TheBay…
Both are closed in a way opposite to what I’d seen before -or understood to be the way the jacket ‘works’

JOATRASH, can you confirm?
Does the jacket close (and Do the magnets still have a connection) if the front of the jacket overlaps the Other way that I’ve described?
Or do does the change in the magnets orientation push the front flaps apart?

(forgive me, folks LOL I’m trying to remember how these thin magnet plates work)

First, now having the jacket in hand, the magnets are quite strong. In fact it pulls closed more often than I would like.
Second - Take a look at the marketing insert that comes with the jacket - Last picture in the EBay listing. The small flap is on the outside.

Cheers
Steven

First, now having the jacket in hand, the magnets are quite strong. In fact it pulls closed more often than I would like.
Second - Take a look at the marketing insert that comes with the jacket - Last picture in the EBay listing. The small flap is on the outside.

Cheers
Steven
okay cool (y) That's what I thought - and that's what I was hoping (but like I said, I was puzzled because I wasn't seeing anyone post a photo that actual showed the in-hand jacket closed that way!)
Thanks, Steven

oh, hey also...
don't know if you saw this Ask from earlier ... any chance of this happening? :)

Steve, a favor to ask:
any chance you'd be able to do show us a few pictures of you wearing Yours?

I'm thinking it'll still be a while before I see mine in person... so I'd love to get some idea of what this jacket will look like on someone.

Aren't the troopers in Rise of Resistance cast members or are they animatronic? By "cast member", do you mean the FO TKs running around outside interacting with the park visitors? Are those suits more or less accurate than the Anovos kits?
No, the troopers in RoR are animatronics and in Anovos kits. Cast Members refers to actual human employees and Anovos did not make their costumes. The few FOTK that walk around in the park are not in Anovos armor but their own special "parks" designed costumes that are not screen accurate or Anovos, same for the Kylo Ren.

Read Document 42 (one of the attachments is the 3rd amended complaints) and 48 to 52 for the current lawyer writings. December 30 is the latest that got filed at court (48 attachment 1 is a corrected version of 47)

Read Document 42 (one of the attachments is the 3rd amended complaints) and 48 to 52 for the current lawyer writings. December 30 is the latest that got filed at court (48 attachment 1 is a corrected version of 47)

Can you summerize the current status in lamens terms? I don't understand a word on those docs.

Can you summerize the current status in lamens terms? I don't understand a word on those docs.
Lawyers of anogos are trying to get the judge to block the lawsuit (47+48) after the complaint was updated in 42. the followups are arguments why it should not be blocked by the judge.

okay cool (y) That's what I thought - and that's what I was hoping (but like I said, I was puzzled because I wasn't seeing anyone post a photo that actual showed the in-hand jacket closed that way!)
Thanks, Steven

oh, hey also...
don't know if you saw this Ask from earlier ... any chance of this happening? :)

I'll try to take some pictures tonight.

Cheers
Steven

Yeah but the current price on Anovos's site is $800 so it's priced at the current going rate. All seems fair here.
If your neighbor is selling their car for $5000 and you have the exact same car that you paid $3000 for guess what the value of your car is?

Cheers
Steven

The value is what anyone will pay for it. The difference is, if I’m selling to my “friends,” I’m not try to make a profit that will hurt them.

I’m not saying we are all friends, but fandom is a community. That’s all.

Cheers
Steven

Btw I looked on the site and could t find a price. It was $499 on MOAF that’s why I said that but, yeah, $100 isn’t too bad of a markup.

Am I the only one that finds the fictional description of the Han Solo jacket being made of “nerf-hide” just profoundly silly / stupid?
No, no you are not. I tend to tune it out for the most part, and I kinda like to think it's sometimes done in jest. I find the need to explain some in-universe things worse though, like the whole explanation of how Vader's suit works. Red Letter Media did a brilliant video on it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back