ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Hmmm...I actually paid for one of these and never received it so not sure what the deal is lol
original.gif

ALRIGHT!!! Received the Anovos Mandolorian helmet this afternoon. Initial impression: it is extremely well done. I have to caveat the fact that I am not extremely familiar with the screen used version and all of its intricacies other than looking at screen grabs from the show. There is a prominent “made in the USA” tag on the inside liner of the helmet - the hand painted and weathered effects are well done (I really like the rust effects they did in the crevices!). Attached are some photos so you all can be the judge, but I am pleased with my purchase and EXTREMELY happy the process worked out relatively close to what Anovos promised (not quite shipped by the show’s premiere, but I can deal with a month and a half delay relative to what some of you have unfortunately experienced). The only head scratcher for me is that they used black decals on the “range finder” base areas on the side - not sure why they didn’t just paint it black since they went through the effort of painting and weathering the entire helmet. This is my first Anovos prop replica; I have EFX and tons of super-high quality and impressive fan-made stuff and I would have to say that the only thing I think could be better than this would be something custom made out of Regal Robot (Tom Spina’s shop), but of course it would not be as cost effective as this despite the healthy price tag. Happy to answer any questions, just let me know!

Attachments

• 1BEA77B6-43F0-401A-AC56-4D6D415EED76.jpeg
    1BEA77B6-43F0-401A-AC56-4D6D415EED76.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 500
  • 2049CA9F-4682-4477-8E39-ACA925106061.jpeg
    2049CA9F-4682-4477-8E39-ACA925106061.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 501
  • AB2FBD33-62EB-43CC-AD66-84F4D60EA1B0.jpeg
    AB2FBD33-62EB-43CC-AD66-84F4D60EA1B0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 491
  • C50662A6-AA57-4EED-8F6A-5305F786B14E.jpeg
    C50662A6-AA57-4EED-8F6A-5305F786B14E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 458
  • 17F6FBDF-3323-4AC0-B915-EFA8D04E125A.jpeg
    17F6FBDF-3323-4AC0-B915-EFA8D04E125A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 455
  • 7CAAC078-0D8A-46EC-A40E-523BEEAD2849.jpeg
    7CAAC078-0D8A-46EC-A40E-523BEEAD2849.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 443
Looks great but is Mando's helmet really that weathered and rusty?

I can't view the show right now.
That was my thought, but I’m guessing a lot comes down to lighting and other things like that. The Anovos lid does look pretty similar as far as weathering and color of weathering/rust to this:
latest?cb=20191007095801.png
Source of that image is wookieepedia, no clue whether it’s a screen shot, or promo photo, or what.

I was just checking screen caps and some pics of the actual costume and sure enough it's all there. It's like thinking Robocop's helmet is just silver. Good to know it's accurate as mine should be on the way. Ain't cheap so I am glad it's accurate.

My phone camera and the lighting in my living is probably embellishing the weathering effects - its much more subtle and authentic in person. They did a great job with what looks to be a pretty complicated paint job. That said, I would love to see someone do a cold cast version of this with weathering effects - I think that would look epic!

My initial thought was it doesn't look as chrome like as the helmet in the show. After looking at images from the show on Google Images, some of the images look more chrome like, but others look less shiny similar to the images of the Anovos. I don't know if that is just lighting or if the screen used helmets vary in shininess.

My initial thought was it doesn't look as chrome like as the helmet in the show. After looking at images from the show on Google Images, some of the images look more chrome like, but others look less shiny similar to the images of the Anovos. I don't know if that is just lighting or if the screen used helmets vary in shininess.
Yeah, they have different helmets with different types of finishes in the show. It depends what set they shoot on.

Regardless, to me this looks pretty good.

But there's this--

YOU GOT SOMETHING! LOL! It's nice to see them moving in a different direction. I'd think getting things made in-country and not in China will make that a lot easier for future runs.

Question, how long after you paid the invoice did you get the helmet?

But there's this--

YOU GOT SOMETHING! LOL! It's nice to see them moving in a different direction. I'd think getting things made in-country and not in China will make that a lot easier for future runs.

Question, how long after you paid the invoice did you get the helmet?

I received a notice on Christmas Eve that my place in the queue was coming up - I received a notice of invoice later that day and paid after receiving. They shipped it out on Jan 6th and I received yesterday, Jan 8th.

I wish they would give us some idea of where we are in the waiting list and if it is likely our number will be offered a helmet. I may end up waiting for an email that never comes and in the meantime efx sells out.

I know there are 10000000 3D printed versions out there of this helmet, I’d love to see how, say, BobaMaker’s stacks up against it.

Btw, is the visor purple/blue to see through?

Hi have a boba maker helmet coming at some point this month once I receive it I'll post pictures.

I know there are 10000000 3D printed versions out there of this helmet, I’d love to see how, say, BobaMaker’s stacks up against it.

Btw, is the visor purple/blue to see through?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back