ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

interesting, Never saw that pic.

this pic id like to see...
if it's on facebook it's public...no?
Very good question. Technically... now it is available to be seen by the public. Keeping my hands clean just in case :D

The pic in question is pretty poor quality and color. It's not from the holster side of course *eye roll* but I bet you can find it scrolling through the images hosted. It may take a while - some are in albums at least

looking at the wrong area. The "square" looking area is from the thumb knob...

View attachment 1532148
This part here sorry..
E3D409F8-B0BD-40CF-A19F-C7C7F738BABB.png

I’m not doubting you, I’m just saying it’s hard to see anything in that pic. In the picture I put it just looks to be possibly “square”? Is there any clean pictures of the dovetail on the hero blaster itself?

If anything the angles do seem to even go in the opposite direction. But maybe this isn’t even the dovetail itself I’m looking at?
170DDF96-CF72-40E9-8268-EE9CFB2F2A6A.png

Last edited:
Which facebook group is this? Too many to keep track of these days.
Ya I’m curious as well. And to make everyone’s life easier just repost the pictures here. If they are on the internet then they can be reposted here without issue. This is where the “pictures” issue becomes fully ridiculous. The internet is a big place.. needle/haystack kind of thing. Referencing a picture without actually using the picture is pointless..

I can think of one million reasons why they would try to duplicate those scratches and dents :lol:

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
Yes 100%. Certainly looks like someone went through the trouble to try and duplicate some of those scratches on the cradle am I correct? And it seems pretty clear that the PS cradle is infact not the same cradle that’s on the hero right?

That raises questions on everything else including scope itself. I’m mean why not right? We’ve seen some really good replicas created within the community.. why not with the PS blaster itself??! Maybe the whole thing is fake. Maybe..

I’m not doubting you, I’m just saying it’s hard to see anything in that pic. In the picture I put it just looks to be possibly “square”? Is there any clean pictures of the dovetail on the hero blaster itself?

If anything the angles do seem to even go in the opposite direction. But maybe this isn’t even the dovetail itself I’m looking at?View attachment 1532173

That's definitely where the dovetail is if you reference kpax 's blaster, or if I hold my own up at that angle, but I also see those lines differently. More square. The bottom one does look like it's angled the other direction, but tough to say definitively what's going on there.

I’m not doubting you, I’m just saying it’s hard to see anything in that pic. In the picture I put it just looks to be “square”? Is there any clean pictures of the dovetail on the hero blaster itself?

If anything the angles do seem to even go in the opposite direction. But maybe this isn’t even the dovetail itself I’m looking at?View attachment 1532173
it is...

I found that depending how far the mount is slid on it can throw weird shadows....

I am sure there are better pics somewhere.

Yes 100%. Certainly looks like someone went through the trouble to try and duplicate some of those scratches on the cradle am I correct? And it seems pretty clear that the PS cradle is infact not the same cradle that’s on the hero right?

That raises questions on everything else including scope itself. I’m mean why not right? We’ve seen some really good replicas created within the community.. why not with the PS blaster itself??! Maybe the whole thing is fake. Maybe..
Not necessarly. Maching will leave "similar" gouges and dings but not exact. Some will look alike and in the same position if machined similarly, some will not.

The scope and top rings do seem legit as Scott said a while ago. The better images confirm for me.

The rest is a nice Mauser...

So this info which was given to me back in 2016 or 17. I can’t remember exactly but it was WELL before the Pawn Stars show aired that is for sure. Unfortunately my Instagram page where it was shared was flagged by someone so I can’t pull this up directly any longer but I did copy it verbatim thank goodness. It’s unbiased info and shows possibly how this PS blaster truly came to be..

Hello, this is a long story bear with me. About 10 years ago I was an Armourer Sgt with the army collecting prop weapons from Bapty for a museum opening. The amount of different weapons there was amazing (I'm a gun nerd) and I got chatting to the owner Tony Watts. He had old Sterling SMGs and I joked that these were stormtrooper blasters (also a Star Wars nerd) which led him to tell me he had all the Star Wars guns at one stage.

He started work at the BBC in the late 70s first in props and then as an Armourer. When he saw the original Bapty went out of business he wanted to start his own firm, took out loans and stayed up by buying as much of Bapty's stock as he could. As Bapty had a huge name in the business he simply used their name and carried on where they left off. When looking through one of the containers he found ANH props, mainly E11s and what he called "Han Solo's Pistol".
He struggled in the early years to stay in business so he sold off each blaster over the years. However he said he'd never sell the pistol as it was his "pension piece". It wasn't in the armoury, he kept it in a safe at home. He even turned down 50k for it at one stage. He said when he bought the container it worked out that each piece cost £30. He sold one E11 for 30k! So that's my story, he's called Tony Watts and lives in the Southall area of London.

This also explains why it disappeared, it was buried in a container of a company going out of business and then hidden in a private collection of the guy who found it and knew what it was. Like I say it was 10 years ago now, who knows, he may want to cash in his pension soon and we'll see it at some major auction house! Hope this bit of detective work is as interesting to you as it was to me. All the best.

Glad to tell a fellow fan.

A few years later.. the pawn stars episode staring Mr Watts himself and this blaster below aired..
39B23C7B-F4EE-4B2E-BF5A-CF8F3D7AAE11.jpeg
46F7A772-E216-4209-A705-A0453A71F0AF.jpeg
A860FD32-92F3-4F30-9C8B-75C606E4FF46.jpeg
A9AAE387-808D-4C4D-8A66-DD9C26128050.jpeg
E3DE9E4F-ADAB-47EB-8263-181CADD8BFB3.jpeg
67C3B6D0-D5D3-4430-AE7E-0003332073F8.jpeg
FF7A4528-0C04-410E-B3D0-916BAE66F7B1.jpeg
D1B2FA29-5715-4087-B9A6-8E1556E46EA3.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll say it again - I don't understand why someone would not have the eye to match the basic shapes of the mount, but also an extremely sharp eye to duplicate misaligned machining scratches.

A broken mount, repaired through brazing or welding would leave a lot of excess material, which is then removed. This process can significantly alter the original shape, especially if they had to bridge the gap to the cradle, making the arms a bit longer. They would have to recut the curves and such. It would also explain the original scrapes and gouges in areas that didn't need to be smoothed out. If this were the case it seems they over zealously smoothed out the area around the knob too.

I only see straight lines on the black and white shot from above too. literally, they're white lines against the black.

I understand this weird blaster throws a lot of what we know into chaos. I also understand we've done decades of work on this blaster, but I think it would be improper to not scrutinize things in front of us. We're using scratches to identify the upper rings and also saying scratches can be faked for the lower piece.

Yes, the mounting style doesn't match what we thought and the current setup has had a lot of work done, it's possible something fishy or harmful went down with the gun and the scope and mount ended up like this. I traced out the multiple marks I see because I thought this would be important for the community

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back