ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Yea - thats whats got me. This makes absolutely no sense. I was suggesting they sanded/ground almost the whole mount, it might explain the soft edges. Let me point out what I see in photoshop, I'm not very good :D

I also think it was Todd's costumes that pointed out a rectangular mount instead of a dovetail in the faded B&W picture, thanks to chubsANDdoggers you can see it in the diagonal one
View attachment 1532123
Those are the post production HERO pics. The dovetail is visible in better images.

Sorry similar yes but no not the same at all..
C2C7D56B-CA21-437A-8D61-4AC8709BB70D.png

My question is how certain are we this is the mount? I don’t think I have any pictures of the hero’s actual dovetail. Any good pics anyways. This pic (kpax) it looks like the hero might be more of a square shape than angled?
9BF28D74-6E91-4D57-B9E6-86071D93302E.jpeg
7C823D28-7D74-406A-AC0C-CD50633CB47B.jpeg
7B6BFE3B-0832-4369-8BE3-F8FD9B3133B9.png
0D31D347-415A-4629-A4A4-477AD1E9A880.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely, I'm not trying to discount already proven facts out there - (like if there IS picture proof out there that the production blasters had a dovetail .....like a shot of the front end showing it - all I really am aware of are the logic leading from sitting target and the scrapes on the bar.)

Here are the details I see. I don't think it's out of the water that the original was repaired or ground down and re-blackened (for whatever reason, it's a cringeworthy thing to think about)
markedPawnStars copy.jpg
MarkedPostProd.jpg
MarkedPreProd.jpg
269690649_616350706297310_1756708087224071844_n.jpg

Very weird....

Ya like where ur going 100% but this part screams no.. right??! They certainly didn’t “add” anything over time and in this case that’s what would have had to have happened?
59468282-30DE-4846-8E01-B8DD644BCA7B.png

Last edited:
Could it be possible that the dovetail deformed over time from firing so they decided to just mill away the angles on the back of the mount and open it up to a rectangle? Make a new crossbar and smack that puppy on there? If we can convince ourselves that the other discrepancies in mounts are from mods/touching up, no reason that they couldn't have done away with the dovetail too, right? It's also possible that this mod could have been made after sitting target and BEFORE star wars. It's obvious from sitting target reference that this mount at one point had a dovetail (unless there were multiples then all bets are off) but is there any evidence from STAR WARS to show that it was still there?

I've stared at that top/front angle post-production photo a lot, and my brain does see more of a rectangular profile than angled, where the dovetail should be.

All of that being said, I do agree that the rounded top edge of the center square hole seems to have some "extra" material there, which is pretty hard to rectify.

Stating that he has access to these photos is the difference between “I have evidentiary information” and “in my opinion”.

There’s far too many people in this community that present opinions as “facts” without any substance to back up these claims.

I would think that in a thread such as this where it’s rife with theory and speculation that a little concrete fact would be welcomed and not dismissed as “teasing”.
It’s how informative is being presented is the issue at hand I think. It’s not about discrediting or crediting.. different people see different things is all. The more eyes the better. I personally learned never to take anyones word as fact within this community (or elsewhere) no matter who is giving it. It’s not personal.

As Edgar Allan Poe said..

"Believe none of what you hear and believe half of what you see"

it's not...

Ahh, yeah that's tough to argue with! They would have had to mill away a LOT of material to get rid of that underside divot. Don't think there's any way we wouldn't notice if that much material was missing ... even IF they brazed it onto new uprights.

For what it's worth - there is a photo on that facebook group (of which I'm not 100% sure is legit safe) and in it Harrison Ford is on stage for a publicity thing with a blaster in his holster that has the cradle but no scope or top rings. So it seems they may not have always been together :D

I look forward to more discussion on this topic, or if more public reference comes out. A repair would be very interesting.

Oh that's cool! So, yea, there's much more material on the vertical joint on the pawn stars one. This is why I posited the repair and machine work/blackening idea - it's such an ugly mount I don't know why they'd go about duplicating all those scratches and dents
I can think of one million reasons why they would try to duplicate those scratches and dents :lol:

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

For what it's worth - there is a photo on that facebook group (of which I'm not 100% sure is legit safe) and in it Harrison Ford is on stage for a publicity thing with a blaster in his holster that has the cradle but no scope or top rings. So it seems they may not have always been together :D

I look forward to more discussion on this topic, or if more public reference comes out. A repair would be very interesting.

interesting, Never saw that pic.

this pic id like to see...
if it's on facebook it's public...no?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back