ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Personally, I feel you need to mix parts to get the best setup. You want the FM steel Mauser with bull barrel... DEC Flash hider and STEEL MACHINED scope mount... because the upright is closer... but the FM cross bar has the correct offset holes (can be fixed on the DEC by widening one hole)... and the Todds Scope...

This is just my opinion of course.

That's being ultra anal about it though. Otherwise, I'd just get the FM complete kit with deluxe scope and be done.
Ok Cool. Not sure what/who "FM" Is? Is that "Blaster Factory"?

ANYONE have ANY Links/Leads to Accurate "Blaster Belt and Holster" patterns? Especially with Measurements?
I do leather work, so THIS I can do myself! I sew and Rivet and know how to do ALL of the accuracies for a nice blaster belt/holster assembly.

Thanks.

Joe
You’ve probably already seen the Han Solo ANH belt & holster thread here Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern
I think there’s enough info there to draft your own pattern. I used to do belts and scabbards for re-enacting, so that’s my plan. I’ll probably learn enough Inkscape to scale an image like this one:
735B06C2-EC02-43DF-BCFD-5446DC3DC2DA.png

Then it’s a simple matter of making nice curves and cutting belts that fit your buckles. I’m no expert, so free advice is worth what you paid for it.
(If I get anything useful, I’ll let you know!)

Merry Christmas to my fellow blaster enthusiasts!!!

Hoping that everyone has a lovely day today, despite the state of the world. It brings me comfort that we can all bond/connect here over our crazy little hobby!

Now to sit down with a stiff glass of eggnog and chortle my way through the holiday special!!! Who's with me???

So with some great info deadbolt pointed out I thought it might be fun to see what this hero would look like with the antenna greeblie back in it’s rightful place (also re-added another missing detail). This is probably more inline to what it really looked like on that fateful photo-shoot day??
24448723-34C0-4E26-8B0D-5D3754EB0436.jpeg
AF5E7B90-ECB3-4C98-814B-BE9C329AB201.jpeg
60E0E1E4-8414-4451-95FA-BA3E3CD8167B.jpeg
5E5F0B39-1099-4291-8916-27F7DEF48934.jpeg

Last edited:
I for sure will. Might have to do it outside of shapeways only because they have minimum sizing for prints and these are very small. Shapeways probably won’t approve it for sale because of that. But I’m looking at other companies anyhow to print my parts. I didn’t use shapeways for these print for example but they are still printed on a MJF printer and came out really nice..

Question: I see that you printed yours in plastic and painted it to resemble steel, but have you considered having the part printed in metal?

Question: I see that you printed yours in plastic and painted it to resemble steel, but have you considered having the part printed in metal?
I have actually in printed in metal. Steel in-fact but it can be expensive and it’s also really hard tap. It’s a little overrated. The extra weight metal adds (-1lb in most builds) isn’t as important to me personally as it is to others obviously. To each their own, but yes I have printed in metal..
15B5005D-8E67-4415-9F3C-CB7E039EB897.jpeg

If and when your rear locking assemble for the Denix is ready, steel is what I’d be printing it in.
I’m pretty sure that won’t be able to print in metal honestly. I’d be really surprised if it could. It probably wouldn’t even pass shapeways inspection process. The details on that are very small and specific. It would be impossible to even machine. It will only work with materials in which you can manipulate id think.

kpax what t track are you using in the above picture? Did you shave down the bottom at all? I ask because the t tracks I have are from Todds. The ones he sells are very thick on the bottom. Not to say his are inaccurate but I personally do think they are to thick compared to the ones on the actual hero prop itself. There doesn't seem to be much of a base from what I can see and by the looks of it your build is similar to that as well. But I am really starting to lean in with what deadbolt pointed out about the one left antenna greeblie. I do think its (or it was) intact after filming wrapped? Its just possibly edited out of that famous Chronicles picture..

If by left antenna you mean right then yes... ; )

The T track I used was the ones made by Dave at DEC. They were modeled by Deadbolt. They has the correct profile and size IMO.
This was confirmed when Deadbolt discovered, after 40 odd years the TomTitt parts and we were able to check those original parts with the 3d models and found them to be VERY accurate. This confirmed the scaling he used to model the other parts as well.

After many attempts to try to get the same look using the T track and antenna as prior builds where the antenna are placed on top of the T track base, I found it never looked right or fit right. Looking at the MerrSon versions it seemed the antenna were laying on the barrel directly and when I tried this it all lined up perfectly.

I shaved the sides off the Track and only used the center vertical part for my build with the antenna on either side resting on the barrel. This way the height above the FH and barrel all make sense and line up perfectly. Deadbolt confirmed this in 3d as well.
I decided to cut the track at an angle like a traditional front sight because no images show it being left square.

The images you posted of Han show a sight with either one or both antenna intact with the "long" rod/post. Likely prior to any firing test.

The outdoor images of Han test firing the blaster show the left antenna missing with the right intact. My guess is that after the first shot the part flew off never to be seen again.

The post production images below show only the right antenna "head" being intact and the rest of the material there is glue residue IMO.

I replicated all the optional versions and can swap it out if needed but keep the post production look as it is the last handled version.

I do not think the "rod" from the right antenna was cut out of the image because it appears the same in the top view image and if you look close you can see a rough surface behind the head which is glue IMO

The "shape" of the glue impression can be seen if you look close. Imagine a hard glue filling the space under the antenna head and rod. Remove the antenna and you have a negative impression f the space. It seems to fit the model IMO.

blaster sight.jpg

Last edited:
Lol my bad. I should have said ”the one antenna greeblie left” :rolleyes:

I see what you are saying and I wouldn’t argue against it. I really like how you just glue the greeblie on without much of a t track. That lines up really well. It’s just so tough to see exactly what is in this pic. Obviously a clean look does exists somewhere under lock and key. Of those 3 Chronicles photos.. we have one hi res pic already (I believe thanks to scottjua but I could be wrong) but hopefully one day the rest will come to light. But then I guess where will the fun be once we have all the answers?
F674E158-FC9F-44A8-AED1-5F43A360D541.jpeg

Finished it up. Pretty happy with how it turned out honestly. This Denix hero build has 21 mods done to it and its built using my own kit along with parts from Reade models. I wont flood this page with pics but I did put up a bunch up on my own thread if anyone wants to check it out..

View attachment 1416136View attachment 1416137View attachment 1416139View attachment 1416140
WOW! VERY Freakin' AWESOME!

That thing really DOES Look like it could take out Storm Troopers or Gundarks?! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back