ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Anybody else out there with a cheap C96 watergun conversion? I got this on eBay from Japan. I did a Blade Runner PKD replica before from a watergun and I'm planning on making a super light weight DL-44 conversion with this toy gun. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of 3D printing the scope, mount and nozzle and do a faux metal paint job. It'll be fun!

IMG_7762.jpg

Perhaps you could modify the existing Denix one with a water container below the think that does the rebound after shooting. If you have a long thread to make a hole in the barrel you could make a hole in it... Just think about it intuitively. I think Wal-Mart sells them.

It looks full scale in the pic (the fullcock water pistol), is it really that small?

Remember the real C96 is a bit smaller than the oversized Denix.

Scottjua has done photo comparisons of the real C96, MGC and the Denix. He's posted them many times and in many different threads.

Try looking further back in this thread, they may be there somewhere.

Dunno about percentage, just a few, I'd think no more than 10%, but there are so many inaccuracies in a Denix, arguably worse things than the size. My biggest issue is the placement of the upper and lower. I fixed that, however in my blaster thread.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I thought this the best place to ask. Does anyone here have a contact act for someone who makes cases for these type of props? I’m looking to get a case for my DL-44, but have a couple of special requests, so I don’t want the “one size fits all” approach. Thanks for the help.

Question, I’ve seen off an on gold/silver MGC guns available, Is it easier to buy a black one? I know parts on the prop are painted black anyway. So is it easier to blue and paint a silver one or start from a black version? Usually I see black MGC guns around here, so I’m assuming that’s the answer?

If it is plating as I think it is, it is not that easy to remove unless you do it professionally.

Maybe some one here has experience with that process? You prob "could" scuff the plating and paint?

If I ever get my hands on one, I would use it for a ROTJ blaster because those definitely were painted I think. I think.

The Hoth Blaster, Greedo Killer, had the original black finish

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back