Andor Found Background Items and props.

These bits from 100% Chef look like a pretty close match to the Mothma breakfast set.
Andor Breakfast.jpg

I have been wondering what these were since the they first appeared. I decided to try a random search yesterday and sure enough!

Now I’m on the hunt! A full box ended on ebay in January, so all hope is not lost lol
I legit have 2 boxes if you’re interested

I was able to track down a box now I gotta have this “box” and his bowl and spoon. I’ll take the pitcher, too, if anyone has any ideas. I thought maybe I could make a display with it if I figure out a way to preserve the cereal with spray varnish or something. I guess I could use blue resin for the milk…?

Anyone have any ideas?! Is that a real world object you think? If not and it’s 3D printed, would anyone be willing to work something out…

Attachments

• 141B896B-96D3-42FD-8E08-A1693456F0E9.jpeg
    141B896B-96D3-42FD-8E08-A1693456F0E9.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 667295A1-D8BA-40A7-9135-2E991B265C8C.jpeg
    667295A1-D8BA-40A7-9135-2E991B265C8C.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 150
thats a japanese tea bowl... I like making them... but that one may be resin cast... or it could be a low temp pigment for that color
That's helpful. I hadn't heard of Japanese tea bowls before. Is there a shop or vendor you'd recommend that may carry something similar to what's in Andor?

I actually put A LOT of searching into this bowl. The color and texture matched that of something called wheat straw. I was sure that was it, but I looked and looked and nothing matched the shape. Then I moved onto bamboo fiber, another sustainable material that matched the look, and again nothing.

Sure enough, I believe it is Japanese as well. It’s called Hasami porcelain. Most of them are the exact shape as part of its design is to be stackable amongst multiple sizes in an effort to save space. They seem to come in 5.5”, 7.5” and 8.5” diameters. I’m pretty sure Syril is using a 7.5.

The ONLY thing I can’t get a good reading on is the size of the bowls lip. It looks like a match, but the way the pics of the available bowls for sale are taken at an angle compared to the bowl on the series being head on, it’s difficult to be certain.

Something tells me it’s not gonna be exact, but it’s definitely the closest I’ve come so far.

Attachments

• EE072066-8FB1-4AA1-A241-476F0E658E4C.jpeg
    EE072066-8FB1-4AA1-A241-476F0E658E4C.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 102
And the white on the lip are definitely stickers, in case that was unclear to anyone. You can see here they put them on crooked lol

Attachments

• F5E5F58D-4873-44C5-866F-2191ECFE2F19.jpeg
    F5E5F58D-4873-44C5-866F-2191ECFE2F19.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 108
Oh wise sages, I´m not sure if this is the right thread but do you recognize this super cool jacket-shirt? I have been searching by haori, kimono and similar but no luck for me. I´m not the internetest guy so if anyone could point me even to how this clothing style is called, my gratitude would be unlimited. It´s from Andor 1x5 , at 6:17 . Thank you!

Attachments

• andor1x5.jpg
    andor1x5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 93
Oh wise sages, I´m not sure if this is the right thread but do you recognize this super cool jacket-shirt? I have been searching by haori, kimono and similar but no luck for me. I´m not the internetest guy so if anyone could point me even to how this clothing style is called, my gratitude would be unlimited. It´s from Andor 1x5 , at 6:17 . Thank you!
The costumes for Andor will have been constructed in house for the most part, and this shirt is a super easy make- so I would be shocked if it were sourced rather than custom. To answer your question though, I would try the term "hanfu". A quick search found this vendor, who have a nice breakdown of the traditional garments included in the broader descriptor of "hanfu". I'm including it below for the descriptions/definitions they give. The closest Japanese style I found was the samue, but the sleeves tend to be shorter, narrower, with a much wider armscye and a dropped shoulder that is much further down than the refs. Hope this helps!

Yup. Was just coming to say the same. If it were Yellowstone or anything “real world”, then I’d say it was an actual shirt, but anything worn in Andor I would think would be totally custom.

I’m sure there are shirts that you can find that are similar. Try searching Japanese wrap shirt as well. You might fight something similar.

I was able to track down a box now I gotta have this “box” and his bowl and spoon. I’ll take the pitcher, too, if anyone has any ideas. I thought maybe I could make a display with it if I figure out a way to preserve the cereal with spray varnish or something. I guess I could use blue resin for the milk…?

Anyone have any ideas?! Is that a real world object you think? If not and it’s 3D printed, would anyone be willing to work something out…
Is not a real world object ... follow Wookieepedia. There it is mentioned ... “The cereal box was designed by graphic designer Barry Gingell, who created several prototypes made out of cardboard to get the flap right, before adding a stripe and a window. Set dec advanced prop modeller Holly Martin then created the box from styrene.”

Comment of Barry Gingell on Twitter “That's my box…“.

Andor Breakfast 2.jpg

The little cups on the marble slab in front of Mon (all of the place settings have two of these) look like they are Tsubomi Mino ware sake cups. Most of the ones I have found are part of tasting sets, although there is one vendor who sells just the tulip, or Tsubomi, shaped ones. There are several makers with nearly identical cups.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back