Anakin Starkiller's New Luke ROTJ Hero saber design thread

Yuma adapter printed, very simple.

Adjustments.jpg

Well, PrinceZip’s recent photo tour of the hero prop seems to confirm that there’s no raised ring surrounding the pommel hole, so removing it may be the first (Only?) mod I make to this amazing kit. Thoughts?

so this happened sunday ;)

As mentioned by Anakin Starkiller in the 3:30ish spot, neopixel is totally possible.

i covered the general approach somewhere in the threads here, but am happy to provide instructions and necessary parts readily available to make this a pixel build if folks want. I want to be respectful to Anakin Starkiller and not hijack his threads so I'll defer to him how lengthy of a post he wants me to do, but in general what folks will want to do is trim the inner cup to have around an 8mm inside depth.

purchase a pogo pin connector set from TCSS, KR or Shtok and the appropriate holders for them from shapeways.

blade construction will be a recessed PCB (holders for this also available).

the effect you are looking for on the hilt-side is this (using a Roman Balance v4 as an example):

F62A1831-0FB9-4CCC-AE37-876F55084028.jpeg

This is easily accomplished with either a lathe, or even a simple pipe cutter.

I'll do a full parts list needed and a lengthier write up but this is generally how to do a pixel install for Anakin Starkiller's hero, (and also ours when it comes out).

and yes the internals should be compatible due to early collaboration. Also the crystal chamber we are working on should also fit.

As mentioned by Anakin Starkiller in the 3:30ish spot, neopixel is totally possible.

i covered the general approach somewhere in the threads here, but am happy to provide instructions and necessary parts readily available to make this a pixel build if folks want. I want to be respectful to Anakin Starkiller and not hijack his threads so I'll defer to him how lengthy of a post he wants me to do, but in general what folks will want to do is trim the inner cup to have around an 8mm inside depth.

purchase a pogo pin connector set from TCSS, KR or Shtok and the appropriate holders for them from shapeways.

blade construction will be a recessed PCB (holders for this also available).

the effect you are looking for on the hilt-side is this (using a Roman Balance v4 as an example):

View attachment 1253987

This is easily accomplished with either a lathe, or even a simple pipe cutter.

I'll do a full parts list needed and a lengthier write up but this is generally how to do a pixel install for Anakin Starkiller's hero, (and also ours when it comes out).

and yes the internals should be compatible due to early collaboration. Also the crystal chamber we are working on should also fit.

I am totally green to FXing and starting to organize now for my yuma build. Do you have a specific parts list and where to order everything from? So I can start collecting e pieces to complete this

I am totally green to FXing and starting to organize now for my yuma build. Do you have a specific parts list and where to order everything from? So I can start collecting e pieces to complete this
Yep. Gimme a few and I will post complete list

the one caveat is no "Main chassis" has been designed yet, but the emitter side is easy for a pixel build.

we will be designing a chassis for the MoM which should be mostly compatible with AS's hero but... I think I could suggest some Goth modules that would get you mostly there presuming Dan kept the same main body ID.

Anakin Starkiller: do you want me to create a new tutorial thread or just put that write up here?

Yep. Gimme a few and I will post complete list

the one caveat is no "Main chassis" has been designed yet, but the emitter side is easy for a pixel build.

we will be designing a chassis for the MoM which should be mostly compatible with AS's hero but... I think I could suggest some Goth modules that would get you mostly there presuming Dan kept the same main body ID.

Anakin Starkiller: do you want me to create a new tutorial thread or just put that write up here?

I found a universal chassis from goth, and plan on printing my own adapter board to get CFX to fit in it.

Can you tell me if CFX needs 2 switches or just 1? I thought I saw a video with now CFX only needs one? I don’t know how that would work and could be confused

I found a universal chassis from goth, and plan on printing my own adapter board to get CFX to fit in it.

Can you tell me if CFX needs 2 switches or just 1? I thought I saw a video with now CFX only needs one? I don’t know how that would work and could be confused
I believe the CFX is compatible for multiple switch setups (note: I have not done a CFX build just yet, have one coming up in May). Have you downloaded the manual from Plecter for it? It covers full wiring schematics and configuration.

located here:http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Crystal Focus v10 rev1.07-GB.pdf

Last I checked, CFX needs two switches. I know Plecter was planning on doing a one switch setup but hasn't got to it yet. Proffie does have the capabilities to do a one switch set up. I personally haven't done that but I will probably need to when I install my Qui-Gon hilt.

Awesome video, thanks guys!

Where can we find that control box slides insert 3d file for printing? I may want to try printing it in gray on my resin printer and then cut off the styrene parts and use real styrene.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back