Anakin Starkiller's New Luke ROTJ Hero saber design thread

Production is complete. I'm confirming the production run before I send the final payment.

Time to raid the penny jar! (And the sofa cushions, dryer, rear pocket of my wife's purse, and perhaps just a tiiisssh from the college fund for the nephew least likely to fulfill our hopes and dreams.)

Just watched Halliwaxs awesome video and Dan has knocked it out of the park again! Can it wait for this to arrive, what a beauty!
Halliwax I’m now super excited for your build tutorial and boy I’m going to need it when doing mine :) thank you

Looking forward to receiving this. It’ll also be interesting to see how it compares to the upcoming BRRogers/Verity Cosplay/7 Chambers run. Just gotta decide which to build as static, and which as FX.

Just watched Halliwaxs awesome video and Dan has knocked it out of the park again! Can it wait for this to arrive, what a beauty!
Halliwax I’m now super excited for your build tutorial and boy I’m going to need it when doing mine :) thank you

I’ve been talking with Dan on everything that needs to be covered. I only bought 1 kit. So I’ll being doing the hero assembly and finish work once I talk to Dan about a few things

Then stripping it and doing the Yuma. There’s been some major discoveries with the finish, and though we can’t share the info, it doesn’t mean you can’t copy this up coming tutorial! ;) “there’s more then 1 way to skin a Wookiee!”

Here’s the unboxing, and parts that comes with it

Truly impressed with this run, Starkiller knocked it out of the park

A welcome surprise awaited me, tonight! I was under the impression that mine hadn’t shipped, but I found both the AS Hero AND Sloth’s PCB card in my mailbox! Yay!

Both are gorgeous pieces. I’d previously gotten the 7 Chambers Ultimate Hero (with the intent of making it into an FX), and have been patiently awaiting Anakin Starkiller’s new hero run, for my static build.

As it stands, now, I’ll wait to see how the BRRogers/Verity Cosplay/7 Chambers version (and its trade-in option for the Ultimate Hero) turns out before I decide which version will be built into the static and FX.

Here’s a shot of the new Starkiller Hero next to the Ultimate Hero. QUITE a size difference. As has been noted, the new hero is the same length as the Starkiller V2, and feels a lot more “right”, as a result. I’ll give the Ultimate Hero credit for being a fine and perfectly serviceable piece, but the size problem is very, very apparent.

78CCB322-82A3-4373-8D3B-E9B4F037602C.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back