AMT Slave One WIP

Thank you all very much for the great advice and input. From now on, I’ll be recommending the backward X-acto method of scribing. Once I got the hand of it, I was actually having fun. I was getting some nice tight lines and definitely going with a few light passes, especially at first. I ended up going to bed way too late because my mind was stuck in a scribing zone. I got a lot of it done but still have a little bit more to do and then I’ll start adding the raised details and I’m really looking forward to this challenge. I’ll also be trying something different with this model kit in how it will be displayed but I’ll get to that later because I still have to do some planning on that (and determine if it’s something I’m capable of doing). I’ve taken more progress pictures METALLBOY. I’ll try and get these posted tonight. Thanks for looking!

I wanted to throw these pictures in of the hull before I started scribing this part.

100_4334.jpg

100_4336.jpg

100_4337.jpg

And here's where I'm at so far after the scribing. There are some areas I need to clean up but I'll do that later after all of the details are added.

100_4378.jpg

100_4380.jpg

100_4381.jpg

I already see a coulpe of areas I'll have to correct. I was going to let it go but I know it will end up bothering me if I don't fix it.

That looks awesome! I'm doing an FM build of Slave I, so I look forward to seeing what you do with your painting!

Sean

Thanks Rich and Sean. I haven’t seen the FM Slave 1 kit up close but from what I can tell it’s got a lot more accurate details than the old AMT one not to mention a better looking Boba Fett. Painting this will be quite a challenge for me. I will want to make sure I get all the chips and scratches right (if I’m a little off I can live with that) but more importantly for me is to get the right shade of colors down. Thanks for looking.

But wait...there's more. I did quite a bit of scratch building here. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

100_4400.jpg

100_4402.jpg

100_4404.jpg

100_4403.jpg

100_4405.jpg

And then onto the ship it goes with more sctrach built pieces.

100_4407.jpg

100_4408.jpg

And then a few more bits here and there.

100_4434.jpg

100_4435.jpg

100_4436.jpg

100_4439.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Its coming along nice, the detail work you are adding is making a big difference . I own one of these ERTL Slave 1 plus a half built version of the finemolds. I am patiently waiting to see one day Slave 1's definitive interior somewhere in the CW series so I can customize it with holding cells as well. Are you going to keep the original rotating cockpit it came with or are you going for the ILM version type?

Thank you Metallboy. I want to redo the cockpit to match the studio model and try to add some red lighting on the control panels. What I also plan to do with this is display the Slave 1 in landing position but I want to open the boarding ramp and build a cargo area similar to what’s seen in AOTC but include Boba and HIC in the display. After I finish most of the exterior details, I’ll start working on the interior.

Thanks 3d-builder. I love what you have done to the old Snow Speeder kit. I know my improvements won’t be as good as that but I am looking forward to priming this thing and seeing how it all comes together.

The ramp scene in AOTC is a great idea its exactly what I did to my finemolds it also has the interior panels of the ship along with all the greeblies added to it. The ramp will open with fiber optics added to lightly illuminate the walkway. Oh and yes love to see your Slave 1 with primer.

At first I was thinking of replicating the classic scene in ESB when HIC is being loaded into the Slave 1. Since there is no shot of the interior of the cargo hold, I could loosely base it on what little we can see in AOTC. Then I thought about having to build the cloud city landing platform and sculpting a tiny stormtrooper and officer and not sure that’s something I can do. I’m now more thinking of creating a display that shows the Slave 1 landing on Tatooine to deliver HIC to Jabba. Upon his arrival on Tattooine, wouldn’t it be a strange coincidence if Boba happened to land in docking bay 94? Just a thought for now.

Division 6 now those are awesome pics , I guess we are not the only ones thinking this way about the Slave 1 built. and Randy 13 yes if you would zoom in frame by frame during the AOTC scenes where they show the Slave 1 interior you can come up with nice details of the interior. However I must warn you the ERTL interior is very small to work with. I have been searching endlessly for photo etched cockpit greeblies for the finemolds and in all scales and all types amazing with what you can rig up? Great job keep em coming ..:thumbsup

Thank you guys for your input and feedback. Division 6, thank you for that link. That’s a very nice display and the other builds on that page look great too. I have gone frame by frame over those AOTC scenes and when I get to that point of the build, I’ll be really studying that part. I’m going to try and scratch build as much as I can of the cargo area but I’m also going to put in my own interpretation simply because I want to have fun creating my own details in there. I know in the expanded universe of the Slave 1 it has changed hands a couple of times before Boba got it back in ESB. That will be my excuse to add my own details because I’ll assume the other “temporary owners” of the Slave 1 had made their own modifications. I have more pix to upload but wasn’t able to do that last night. Gotta make time for that tonight.

Thank you very much Capitan Solo. You work on the MF is breathtaking and those landing gears are awesome!

Here are some updates I've been working on the last few days. I'm taking the build kind of slow and just enjoying every minute of it. Any critiques and criticisms are more than welcome.

These were taken a little earlier.

100_4440.jpg

100_4442.jpg

100_4444.jpg

More recent pictures with more details added to the starbord side.

100_4445.jpg

100_4446.jpg

100_4447.jpg

100_4448.jpg

100_4449.jpg

Not 100% accurate but close enough for me. If anyone spots some important details I may have missed, please let me know. Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back