aliens reebok stompers

Well I'm pretty pissed off right now. The seller of the shoes I won apparently wasn't happy that they went for the starting bid and canceled the sale.

Well I'm pretty pissed off right now. The seller of the shoes I won apparently wasn't happy that they went for the starting bid and canceled the sale.

Hope it wasn't $0.99. I wouldn't want to sell either if they were mine.

Hopefully. Here's a picture, can anybody tell me if these are the originals or some kind of knockoff?

Stompers.jpg

They're very obviously not the 2010 rerelease, as evidenced by the limited holes in the toe and none at the top, plus the grey liner and the lack of excessive dark grey leather. But the dark grey sections also don't match up to the originals. Plus I would think that the originals shoes from 86 wouldn't come with a box with "classic" written on it, right? So anybody have a clue where these came from? One of those limited Japanese releases maybe?

I went ahead and bought a pair of 6600's on ebay to eventually modify into screen accurate stompers, but I'm still curious about these shoes. Mainly I just really wanted to get this costume together in time for the Prometheus premiere, and I had a line on a nearly perfect jacket at a good price, so I took the plunge. The cost of leather to modify the shoes will be the same as if I was modifying stomper reissues, I'll just have a lot more work to do.

Hopefully. Here's a picture, can anybody tell me if these are the originals or some kind of knockoff?

Stompers.jpg

They're very obviously not the 2010 rerelease, as evidenced by the limited holes in the toe and none at the top, plus the grey liner and the lack of excessive dark grey leather. But the dark grey sections also don't match up to the originals. Plus I would think that the originals shoes from 86 wouldn't come with a box with "classic" written on it, right? So anybody have a clue where these came from? One of those limited Japanese releases maybe?

Does it tell what code is written on the box?
I don't see holes an the toes at all, maybe due to the low quality picture?

Yea, that's the picture quality, it's got the same holes as the original release shoes. There were two other pics with the auction where you could make them out. As for a code on the box, the guy wasn't very forthcoming (read: ****ish). There's also the language barrier with Japan, I did the deal through a friend over there and because of the time difference I've still only exchanged two or three sentences with him since this happened.

I think it would be very hard to make them fake and keep the price decent (by the way, what's their price?).
The Reebok Classics series was launched just when these shoes were released so the box MIGHT be original.

Starting bid was $50, buy it now was $250. If they were originals, I would have thought they'd go for much higher.

Starting bid was $50, buy it now was $250. If they were originals, I would have thought they'd go for much higher.

I don't think you can copy them from scratches and with that quality for $250. Maybe the seller doesn't know their real value or is happy with that amount. If I had to sell mine I would ask nothing less than 400 euro because I don't really want to sell them, but for such price I would definitely consider it, and for that price I'll even throw in the 80's poster. Both in mint condition ;-)

Last edited:
Knockoffs aren't expensive to make. Look at the Nike Mag knockoffs, $70 on some sites. The stitching might be a little odd, but they're surprisingly good at copying stuff like soles.

Knockoffs aren't expensive to make. Look at the Nike Mag knockoffs, $70 on some sites. The stitching might be a little odd, but they're surprisingly good at copying stuff like soles.

In this case we need to contact these people and get them to make the high-top version :lol

I wonder how many people would actually know these shoes, therefore know their true value? If you didn't, $250 is a high asking price for a 2nd hand pair of kicks even if they are "collectables". These do not have the same recognition as the now infamous like NIKE MAG.

I could be wrong, but aren't there certain limited edition shoes that collectors would pay over $1000 for?

I could be wrong, but aren't there certain limited edition shoes that collectors would pay over $1000 for?

If I was certain that mine were from 1987 I would sell them for $1000-1500. Reebok wasn't very helpful in determine the year of manufacture (although they knew for sure of the month they were made! Ridiculous!). I have a strong suspicion that mine were the very first rerun of the shoe, a copy of the rare 1987 model. Even the first re-run is quite hard to come by and even harder in the right colours (grey/red). So yeah, 400+ euro sounds about right. :)

Last edited:
I always thought the same thing about the fact that the top part could collapse and gets deformed! So, I'm not the only one thinking of that!

Yes both 80's version and later re-releases (including the newer ones) are the same shoe. The major difference is the perforated area which is much uglier of course but they still look cool and futuristic. The height is identical. Reebok never released any higher version and never will.

I believe the higher part that we see in the film is not very functional and would look bad after some use. In fact you can see in one of the pictures you posted (when Ripley is stepping on alien ground) that the top part collapses and gets deformed while she walks... the material they were made of simply doesn't support such height and this is the practical reason why they don't release them as they were in the movie (at least this is what I think is the reason).
If you think about reproducing them you might want to consider using padded material with some kind of support inside (possibly a hard spine on the back)

The Reebok shoes were originally destined to be worn by the soldiers but I suppose that they soon found out that they weren't that cost-effective to be made in high numbers, nor practical enough in all those action sequences, so they only gave them to two characters. These shoes were basically handmade in Reebok for the film.

I always thought that they look grey because of Cameron blueish toned accent to the entire movie (such as Terminator, Abyss and some action scenes in Titanic). I think that those shoes are white or at least off-white. Could I be right?

Those Elun38 always seemed dodgy. I've only seen this set of pictures of them, so I wonder how many were really produced.
In any case they are not the right colour (white/red) and the details are wrong (who wants a WY symbol when the films clearly shows "Reebok"?). They are an interesting Expanded Universe pair of shoes but uninteresting for a replica of the screen-used pair.

If you're gonna reproduce them, here's a note about the colour. The screen-used ones seem a very light grey tone (almost white but not really white obviously). Much paler than the standard grey used for the 80's release (which is in any case the closest we can get on the market). It's possible that the pale grey used was available on other Reebok shoes.

The original from the movie seem to be off-white. They have been on display in London when Alien3 came out... I must have saved a picture of them somewhere.

Found them, I've got a few pics. They look some shade of grey, darker or lighter depending on the light. In movies directors tend not to have totally white objects in general so it's safe to assume they were off-white possibly grey-ish.
By the way, is there no way of uploading the pics directly on the forum anymore? Do I need to load them on a different website? Anyone feels like posting them for me?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back