aliens reebok stompers

Bummer. I found a pair of the blue ones in my size on ebay UK, but I don't really care for that color. And it would be really hard to change the color of the sole.

Anyone remember Reebok re-released the Alien Stomper in 2003-4. It was the same shoe as the original version. Also I have seen Stompers with the correct colors in Japan but instead of Reeboks on the main flap it has Weylan Ytani embroidered.

My original 80's stompers were used to death in High School. :behave

Were those Japanese WY branded version... real? Or fan-made? I never found much info on those. They also seemed to be lighter in colour

Were those Japanese WY branded version... real? Or fan-made? I never found much info on those. They also seemed to be lighter in colour
Not sure. They just came up in a search for images on the shoes. Next month is the release of PROMETHEUS and they could be a special release for that.

I would venture to say high end knock offs as they didnt have the Reebok logos. Google Elun 38 stompers. I saw a pair in person in 2008. They definatly looked as if they came out of a factory. You could wear them every day as opposed to a prop replica

Here is a (edit) mediocre link to the evolution of the Reebok Stomper. Some of the info is incorrect (Original 1986 release White/Red/Grey). And I believe the 2003 picture is of the current shoe as my 2003 shoes have only 21 small holes on the toe box.

Alien Stomper Field-Guide « Retrobok

Last edited:
Google Elun 38 stompers
Did that. Bit of a dodgy site. Note the way they spell fighter? They spelled it as "figher" and the shoe is an all white version of the Stomper with a tan sole. Not bad looking if the sole was a different colour.

The WY version is also listed.

OK, after doing some serious web searching, there's a possibility I might be able to get my hands on a pair of what look to me like knockoffs (but decent ones) of the 2010 reissue shoes. It might not work out, though. I'll post more if/when I get them.

Those Elun38 always seemed dodgy. I've only seen this set of pictures of them, so I wonder how many were really produced.
In any case they are not the right colour (white/red) and the details are wrong (who wants a WY symbol when the films clearly shows "Reebok"?). They are an interesting Expanded Universe pair of shoes but uninteresting for a replica of the screen-used pair.

If you're gonna reproduce them, here's a note about the colour. The screen-used ones seem a very light grey tone (almost white but not really white obviously). Much paler than the standard grey used for the 80's release (which is in any case the closest we can get on the market). It's possible that the pale grey used was available on other Reebok shoes.

Last edited:
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does Elun38 stand for?

There was talk about the REEBOK logos being CGI'd away for the BD release and I am glad the only CG work done to that film was for hole Bishop is sitting in after he was ripped in two by the Queen.

Whilst I like the WY logo on them [the Elun38 shoes], WY can't be the one company that makes everything in the future, so having REEBOK on the shoes makes them worldly [or should that be off worldly?] Product placement works in films like this. I also liked how the name CATERPILLAR [minus the C] was used on the power loader.

As a matter of fact, the "WY making everything" is something that went too far after Aliens.
Exactly and someone posted a WY "timeline" [on another forum] about all the stuff WY supposedly makes and pretty much everything from the films is theirs. I liked the idea that the android is made by them, but the pulse rifle, cyro tube and power loader was taking it too far.

The way I see it, even androids were probably not made by W-Y, just programmed and employed by the Company. Anyway, we're digressing

So will you do a full height version like the shoes Ripley wears in ALIENS?

That's the plan.

The shoes I found are not dead on accurate to the original release either, but I think they're a little closer. I'd love to see some good pictures of your original 86 shoes Jonesy. Then I could tell for sure if I'm looking at real originals or knockoffs. After looking at more pictures, it's clear to me that these are not the 2010 shoes or knockoffs of them (they don't have the hundreds of holes punched in them). The dark grey panels don't match the original 86 shoes, though, or any of the shoes on that timeline linked earlier for that matter. I'm about to watch the movie myself to see if I can spot any more similarities or differences between the screen used shoes and the ones I'm hoping to get.

I'm about to watch the movie myself to see if I can spot any more similarities or differences between the screen used shoes and the ones I'm hoping to get.

From what I could tell when I attempted my screen caps, was that Bishop is wearing the shoes marketed as the original "86 Stomper". That BD is pristine. I wish more transfers were as good.

Anyone have ideas as to why the system won't allow a screen cap? I an running W7 on this PC (purchased this year) and the only thing I can think of is a copy protection of the format itself. The Snip too is neat, but it limits the size of the window to that of the reduced size, so no full screen caps possible.

Blu-ray has a built in protection against screen grabs. It's the biggest slap in the face IMO the film industry has ever given us.

Blu-ray has a built in protection against screen grabs. It's the biggest slap in the face IMO the film industry has ever given us.
Makes sense, well from a copy right perspective anyway. Looks like I will just have to load this on the projection system and take screen caps of the projected image then. Where there is a will, there is a way.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back