ALIEN HELMET 3D PRINTED

Thanks to u Duncanator
You did all the heavy lifting on this. I just posted a few pictures.

I have castings of the interior panels that I'll try to take pictures of tonight. They are raw castings, so they don't have any of the lights or buttons installed.
The inside bits are even more crunchy than the outside! They used truck tires for a bunch of the details.

You did all the heavy lifting on this. I just posted a few pictures.

I have castings of the interior panels that I'll try to take pictures of tonight. They are raw castings, so they don't have any of the lights or buttons installed.
The inside bits are even more crunchy than the outside! They used truck tires for a bunch of the details.
"Truck tires" for details...mmmh, note to the GF: "Honey, got to get those tires for greeblies!":eek:o_O:lol:

Sorry it took me a bit to post these. Pesky employment....

The interior of the helmet is made in three pieces, and as I said before, these are raw castings so there may have been other details added on top of these.

Here's how they fit. I just shoved them in place, but they don't quite fit since they aren't trimmed yet.

Alien In 12.JPG

And here's the front piece out of the helmet. The ruler has centimeters and inches on it, and the table is inches.

Alien In 1.JPG

Alien In 2.JPG

......aaaaand some close ups!

Alien In 3.JPG

Alien In 4.JPG

Alien In 5.JPG

Hey Joberg - did you see the truck tires! Just wait, there's more!!

Here is the port side rear interior panel. Just look at those rows of tires! A wonder to behold!
I think I recognize some Plastruct parts too.

Alien In 6.JPG

Alien In 7.JPG

Alien In 8.JPG

Next is the Starboard side panel.
Again with the tires! You'd think they had a bunch left over from some previous models, or something.
Although I have to admit that they make pretty interesting buttons, vents, sensors or whatevers.

Alien In 9.JPG

Alien In 10.JPG

Alien In 11.JPG

Attachments

• Alien In 10.JPG
    Alien In 10.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
Wow - interesting. I can see some lorry transmission shafts, rear axles, some tank drive wheels and idlers, a bit of a motorbike engine and what looks like an engine timing belt cover for starters :D

Yep, those extra tires they had in the model shop surly make for an interesting use of greeblies:p(y)...and knowing that the interior of those helmets were not seen by the spectator...just the actors;)

Sorry it took me a bit to post these. Pesky employment....

The interior of the helmet is made in three pieces, and as I said before, these are raw castings so there may have been other details added on top of these.

Here's how they fit. I just shoved them in place, but they don't quite fit since they aren't trimmed yet.

View attachment 1481592

And here's the front piece out of the helmet. The ruler has centimeters and inches on it, and the table is inches.

View attachment 1481593

View attachment 1481595

......aaaaand some close ups!

View attachment 1481596

View attachment 1481597

View attachment 1481598

Hey Joberg - did you see the truck tires! Just wait, there's more!!

Here is the port side rear interior panel. Just look at those rows of tires! A wonder to behold!
I think I recognize some Plastruct parts too.

View attachment 1481599

View attachment 1481600

View attachment 1481601

Next is the Starboard side panel.
Again with the tires! You'd think they had a bunch left over from some previous models, or something.
Although I have to admit that they make pretty interesting buttons, vents, sensors or whatevers.

View attachment 1481603

View attachment 1481608

View attachment 1481607
Wow, I've been stalking the internet for years and I've never seen this many good, high information pictures come out. Thanks!

Awesome thanks...good to see the hardcore members flexing their kit bashing muscles.

I am in the process of working out where the etchings go and it's a bit confusing...perhaps some advice please
So I have a cast segment, courtesy of Promod, from this etching plate, and I have modelled everything on the plate.

317655_4.jpg

Trouble is most of this stuff doesn't appear to be on the helmet. I've found a few key parts that do fit but a lot of it seems to be unused. Was this just extra to requirements, so they could pick the bits they liked most or are they used elsewhere on the spacesuit. There is also a lot that isn't here, so was there another etching plate?

Also there seem to be differences from helmet to helmet. The Ripley/Lambert helmet has a mirrored banding across the chin strap but this shot of the Kane helmet does not

h106.jpg
alien-kane-john-hurt-space-suit-32.JPG

Duncanator, if I could ask u for a few close up shots of the back wing etchings and possibly the under chin strap that would be most awesome. It looks like the etchings on your helmet are symmetrical? I think your casting must be from the Ripley helmet?

Duncanator, if I could ask u for a few close up shots of the back wing etchings and possibly the under chin strap that would be most awesome. It looks like the etchings on your helmet are symmetrical? I think your casting must be from the Ripley helmet?
No problem!

I'll try to snap some pictures tonight.
And I think you may be right about the Ripley helmet and mine.

The circular discs with the row of bolts around the circumference are EMA manways.
Don’t think these are EMA parts because there are too many bolts on the EMA part (20)
I think its an Airfix part as well.- the top of a Pill box from one of their Combat sets ( 1/32 scale) with 16 bolt heads on the part. It’s a rare box set nowadays.

GEEK1138, Fantastic work.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back