ALIEN 1979 SELF DESTRUCT UNIT

Holy cow. I only made it to the stage of getting the lid finished before giving up and with all the research and work, I still managed to miss the fact there is a light on the bottom of the WARNING sign. Incredible work. Bravo.

That's really great! Whatever you got playing the audio also sounds good. A lot of time when people have audio on their props it comes off very tinny and unimpressive.
This is all truly remarkable work. Bravo sir. I've spent a lot of time creating an animated auto distruct graphic as it is in the movie. I'm just wondering is the crt tv in your video clip stretching the image top to bottom? Where as with the movie, the octagon is wider than it is tall.

This is all truly remarkable work. Bravo sir. I've spent a lot of time creating an animated auto distruct graphic as it is in the movie. I'm just wondering is the crt tv in your video clip stretching the image top to bottom? Where as with the movie, the octagon is wider than it is tall.
Thanks...the top and bottom are clipped a bit on my CRT TV but it still works ok

Another step closer...really chuffed with how these keypads turned out. 2 of the buttons have momentary switches which activate a central locking system that pops all 4 activation bolts simultaneously

View attachment 1427113
Wow! Incredible work.

How did you end up creating the buttons? Individually printed opal acrylic pieces? What are you using underneath them to make them work? How are you lighting them?

Sorry for all the questions but this looks fantastic!

Wow! Incredible work.

How did you end up creating the buttons? Individually printed opal acrylic pieces? What are you using underneath them to make them work? How are you lighting them?

Sorry for all the questions but this looks fantastic!
Thanks dude...So, I did the graphic and had it printed straight onto an opal acrylic sheet. Then I used the 3d model of the keypad to generate a template to produce SVG files to laser cut the buttons. To operate the release mechanism there are stalks connected to a central locking system and to finish it off I used under cabinet flat LED lights

I am continuing to work on this but I've a lot on and the last bit is the hardest

Wow! This is outstanding. The details are amazing.
I have it on good authority that Ridley had the original converted into a lighter for his London office.

1685561742748.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back