ALIEN 1979 SELF DESTRUCT UNIT

Couldn't find any decent graphics around for the keypad buttons so I found some time to render them. Love all the crazy lettering and stuff...book of the dead, hippy/yoga terms etc. Will try to have them printed on opal acrylic and laser cut for the keypad boxes
KEYPAD BUTTONS BOTTOM1024_1.jpg
KEYPAD MID PNG1024_1.jpg
KEYPAD BUTTONS TOP1024_1.jpg

Utterly amazing work, i wish i caught on a little sooner...
but this really is just wow.... I also love the entirely over the top convoluted way of setting the self destruct, its just a super long process to simply flip a circuit!

It beats tripping over and landing on a big red button by mistake :p

Im not sure if it was really ever explained, but i also suspect the process was doing things like turning off safety measures in the fusion reactors or something allowing them to go critical before setting hidden controls for over loading the reactors...

Anyway beautiful design work.

Amazing work. Such a crazy project.

What chroming process did you use on the cylinders? Looks great

Thanks...it's a chrome plating service. I posted details earlier in this thread

So, managed to grab a bit of time to continue this project. I have all the elements finished now...just the melon twisting job of getting it all to move and work correctly
WlHvmryl.jpg

0pOQBYJl.jpg

N4rTvKhl.jpg

c88utX1l.jpg

Sigourney will call you soon to pose with that beauty of a prop. (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Btw, Ridley wants it for his office in London:p;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back