AAV Drop Ship

Thanks for your kind words, my friends. :notworthy:
Now I'm back to normal operation.:D

Here's the small progress of the last 2 days.

I've been working on the gear-down mechanisms.

6s0aTIT.jpg

YkgRQd7.jpg

XZsX9Q6.jpg

U7N408V.jpg

HNcSo7T.jpg

X5seZzP.jpg

IokoVSW.jpg

z4F6dwc.jpg

5QcD4r0.jpg

This part will be finished soon.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

So glad you are back to normal operation!
Those gear drivers are sweet. Always amazing to see simple household articles become tech hardware.

Landing gear and stance of the whole drop ship is cool (y) (y) Noticed that the real landing gears are touching the side of the vehicle:unsure:
I'm sure that could be fixed. Eager to see your next update Katsu-san:notworthy::notworthy:

It is always nice to take some time off

Those landing gear look awesome

Very cool to see the APC under there

Thank you, Analyzer-san!

Landing gear and stance of the whole drop ship is cool (y) (y) Noticed that the real landing gears are touching the side of the vehicle:unsure:
I'm sure that could be fixed. Eager to see your next update Katsu-san:notworthy::notworthy:

Aghhh!! ... No sweat.
I didn't put the fixture for the claw on top of the roof. So the ship will be about 1/3 inch higher. Not the wide gap but it will be OK.
I will test fit them again later.

UDsGquh.jpg

ZHN9cXW.jpg

pFKyLXu.jpg

By the way, I think I need to change the thin coil springs inside the landing gear strut to a bit stronger one. So that the ship could hold the appropriate height. Maybe a spring of the ballpoint pen or I will make some if it's still weak.
Thanks for the close looking at my model. :notworthy:

Very nice execution and deployment of that landing gear! Give a nice image of the AAV loading sequence.

Thank you very much, Hagoth-san!

I will fix some issues and adjust the gears and post the results in a couple of days.

Thank you very much, my friends!

katsu

By the way, I think I need to change the thin coil springs inside the landing gear strut to a bit stronger one. So that the ship could hold the appropriate height. Maybe a spring of the ballpoint pen or I will make some if it's still weak.

In metalsmithing, we used to harden silver, brass, and bronze wire by heating it until it was red hot, then quenching it in water

That caused it to retain it's shape better without bending as easily. It might help in creating more support for homemade springs

In metalsmithing, we used to harden silver, brass, and bronze wire by heating it until it was red hot, then quenching it in water

That caused it to retain it's shape better without bending as easily. It might help in creating more support for homemade springs
Thanks for your kind tips! Yes, I did heat up the 0.8 mm thin piano wire with my gas burner but it was broken when I tried to coil it. Maybe my heat control was not good enough or anything. :unsure: Then I found that it doesn't need to heat up if I use 0.5 mm piano wire. And I got a one with good tensioning. :D

Wrap with 0.5 mm piano wire around 3 mm screw bolt to make a coil spring.

DvJOIbm.jpg

wOZLNbU.jpg

So, I made whole new landing gears.

wZNeZHf.jpg

m39b6a1.jpg

8b4ho7Q.jpg

Thanks for looking!
And again, thank you Analyzer-san!
katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back