AAV Drop Ship

Katsu, great and interesting concept on deploying those seats...I look forward to your design department coming up with that engineering!!!

I said to my brother, as to your sister living near Kototoi bridge...He replied that he used it many times to cross the Sumida River which leads to Sumida Park, and if he carried on that road it would take him to the Skytree, tallest tower in JPN. He also said he was jealous of your sister living in a nice place...

I like it the concept.

This is what you were referring to

View attachment 1372781

The only downside to that method is is doesn't allow for rapid deployment as quick as just running out a door.

But on the other hand it would look really cool

Also, I would also think that angled back seat would help cushion so harsher landings and bumpier rides?

Thanks for the reference pic.
The issue of rapid deployment will be solved if the pedestal would be open for several degrees.

"Also, I would also think that angled back seat would help cushion so harsher landings and bumpier rides?"

-Yes, that's what I mentioned before!

And if the pedestal would open for the deployment, it also will be a good cover for the incoming bullets.

Katsu, great and interesting concept on deploying those seats...I look forward to your design department coming up with that engineering!!!

I said to my brother, as to your sister living near Kototoi bridge...He replied that he used it many times to cross the Sumida River which leads to Sumida Park, and if he carried on that road it would take him to the Skytree, tallest tower in JPN. He also said he was jealous of your sister living in a nice place...

Thanks! And Yes, as your brother says, her apartment is standing by the Sumida-park. The park was renovated recently and looking so beautiful.
Me too envy her. Her apartment is faced Sumida-river and can see closely the great Sumida-river firework festival every summer.

"Katsu, great and interesting concept on deploying those seats...I look forward to your design department coming up with that engineering!!!"

Wait a minute...
Have you been incited by analyzer-san or Ged-san to provoke me to build that complicated mechanism?
Now I smell the smoke of conspiracy. I've seen this happened many times before. Very coordinated provocation again.
The force of the dark side. :sick:

Chuffy 70-san, welcome to the bad boys club. :(

1606654995695.png
:rolleyes:

I wonder if he's going to make it where all the soldiers simultaneously rotate into a standing position once the two arrays of seats clear the hull, or go for something more complex, where each pair rotate down as they get clear. I can see benefits and disadvantages to both.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :D

Katsu-san, pay no attention to us, otherwise it won't end until you've turned the dropship into a working drone and the AAV into an RC car. Challenges are great, but don't push to the point where building these models isn't fun.

I accept my enrolment to the Bad Boys Club, I hope there's a badge, membership card and discount for your bento! ;)
:eek:

I wonder if he's going to make it where all the soldiers simultaneously rotate into a standing position once the two arrays of seats clear the hull, or go for something more complex, where each pair rotate down as they get clear. I can see benefits and disadvantages to both.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :D

Katsu-san, pay no attention to us, otherwise it won't end until you've turned the dropship into a working drone and the AAV into an RC car. Challenges are great, but don't push to the point where building these models isn't fun.

I was thinking something like that. Protects them with cover.
That's right!;)

Tom-san, thank you so much for your comment and your kind and tender word for me.
Hey, bad boys, look at this gentleman and you should learn how to behave yourself for the poor old man. :p

I'm only an innocent man who loves his wife and kids and troubling cat - last night he peed on the rug again and this morning, a piece of his dung had fallen into the washroom, and my hilarious daughter had danced the samba on the floor. She learned that at the dance class yesterday. Oh, God, it was a disaster.:eek:

Today, I got into the chilled shack and work for almost 6 hours with my runny nose. What a faithful man am I! Oh, God when will my peaceful days come?:rolleyes:

By the way, I got an idea that a rather simple way to make a quick deployment. I am going to go shopping for that, this weekend.
While I'm thinking about the feasibility, I've just built a rough model of the assault rifle. I wanted this not too futuristic but to very practical and look tough.

huBoEXW.jpg

yukmFBn.jpg

UijKJ3H.jpg

Making the box magazine was an issue.
Finally, I used an aluminum tube.
That was the simplest way.

J8F2D3r.jpg

Rllm0aX.jpg

H8dtdS2.jpg

3H6sxRS.jpg

6joi4pJ.jpg

2VzSRaP.jpg

4lZ6ILS.jpg

czSsDpy.jpg

A few more work and I will make it a dozen.

Thanks for looking,
Katsu

Last edited:
A tiny "working" assault rifle? ;) You are amazing! :cool:

Do not worry about this bad boy Katsu-san. Suggestions and ideas are only to keep it fun. I'll have you know I decided to come over to the light side now that your mind is working on adapting drawer runners as a deployment method.

By the way looks like that inception stuff works pretty darn good! :lol:

:lol:

That is astounding. Again, you make it look so easy...
Thank you, Tom-san!

Love the rifle!

So much detail for it's size

Thank you! I'm gonna add a bit more detail on that.

Beautiful craftsmanship, Katsu-san

Thank you, George-san!

wonderful little rifle, what an exceedingly talented individual...
sorry to hear of your cat peeing and pooping all over the place...at least you can work at your bench without distraction from your furry fiend...
look what I have to put up with!

View attachment 1373487View attachment 1373489

Thank you, Chuffy-san. And thank you for your pics of the lovely big cat!

The pics made our breakfast table so happy. I could start the new day with a big smile.:love::D
Oh, I would welcome that kind of interference any time! The cat really loves you.
On our side, our cat made an artistic spot on drapery with a pee this morning in addition to a puked stain on the rug. Now they are in a laundry machine. Now he is taking a peaceful nap in my daughter's workroom.

He got a 200 dollar castration surgery a month ago. The doctor said it may take another few months for the surgery to affect his behavior.:rolleyes:

I'm now working on the rifles. I will make it twelve.
Also, I'd like to build a few squad's automatic weapons, I mean a kind of light machinegun.
I'm gonna drew some sketches for that.

katsu

Focus Katsu-san !... your deviations , alterations and improvisations ( are beautifully distracting , awe inspiring and creative !... ) , but we’re growing impatient .
So , stop fluffing about mate !... how’s Yummi , yourself and the kids going !?:)

I'm thanking you, always!

Thank you, joberg-san.

Do you remember the one scene of the Star Wars sequel? The column of droids was drawn from the vehicle. Just like a drawer. So, I built those angled pedestals of cradles. When it landed, the rear gate opened and the pedestals are coming out with those cradles on it.
Then, the pedestals are rotated to the upright position and drop the soldiers on the ground. Easy to say, hard to make. I will try but I don't think I can make it as I said. Maybe it will end up just a thought as usual.:rolleyes:
Ah! That's solving the whole problem in one swoop Katsu-san (y) Are you going to slant the body of the main transport to respect the nose angle of the troop truck when placed in its craddle?

Focus Katsu-san !... your deviations , alterations and improvisations ( are beautifully distracting , awe inspiring and creative !... ) , but we’re growing impatient .
So , stop fluffing about mate !... how’s Yummi , yourself and the kids going !?:)

:oops: :confused::lol::lol:

Ged-san, you have to buy me a new keyboard. I've just blown my soda all over it.
How can I make myself focused when I am in the middle of these funny guys! :mad:

Thanks!

Ah! That's solving the whole problem in one swoop Katsu-san (y) Are you going to slant the body of the main transport to respect the nose angle of the troop truck when placed in its craddle?

Thank you Hagoth-san.:)

So far, I can't tell that. In fact, I'm thinking to redesign and build a whole new nose section of the ship and I will be willing to do that.
I am regretting that I made that nose section with the tilting mechanism - It was a good and fun experience for me though - that causes the nose too huge and long. Now I'm thinking about the side by side style cockpit with the transparent legroom like the helicopter. It will be enjoyable to build.

No good pics to put up but here are some pics of these days.

FY1HoRD.jpg

SclIv8h.jpg

MYTsKi0.jpg

NEBbYos.jpg

mWmFiDA.jpg

k8sqXUP.jpg

These rifles will be finished in a few days.

Thanks for looking!

Katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back