47a Firefly Mal's pistol

Sid actually passed away a while ago so the Sidikit is not really an option.

Unfortunately, you cannot purchase a 47a unless you find someone willing to sell their's. The pistol was a very limited run and the maker, known on the forums as "Badger" and curator of fireflyarchive.com, now works with QMx, who hold the Firefly license, to bring out licensed props from the Verse. There is talk of an officially licensed pistol coming out, but no details and no time frame have been given.

If you must have a metal Mal pistol right away, your best bet is a Sidkit. They're not made of brass (unless they've been plated) and usually don't have wood grips, but they're still very nice replicas.

Sid actually passed away a while ago so the Sidikit is not really an option.

Yes, he did and it was a big loss to the prop world. However, due to the 47a being offered a lot of people began selling their Sidkits and the demand for them doesn't seem to be super-high. So even taking into account Phil's resin stunt cast, the Sidkit is the easiest Firefly-version Mal pistol to get hold of.

Yes, he did and it was a big loss to the prop world. However, due to the 47a being offered a lot of people began selling their Sidkits and the demand for them doesn't seem to be super-high. So even taking into account Phil's resin stunt cast, the Sidkit is the easiest Firefly-version Mal pistol to get hold of.

Not long ago, someone sold their unfinished sidkit Mal on e/bay for a little $400!

Firefly was one of my favorite series. I ignored when it first aired. I thought it was stupid 'cowboys in space' and never watched a single episode. It passed unoticed at my house....

THEN ... SERENITY ... came out.....I thought ...what the heck. My wife and I went to the movies on a date. I saw SERENTIY and then I was SICK. I MISSED this TV SERIES !!!! :eek

I went home and bought the DVD series!!!! I took off three days to watch it !!!

I bought the Books, the comics, and could not get enough FIREFLY !!!!

This is the FINEST Mals Gun Prop I have ever seen !!! Thanks for sharing.

I mourn the loss of the TV series. :cry

Gordon

I was amazed at how sharp these are compared to my other replica Mals. Superb definition, none of the smooth lines associated with recasts :)

Got mine in the other day and all I can say is WOW.

IMG_0669.jpg

Now I just got to build a box for it to be displayed in.

Looks great, C! Haven't received mine yet, but would love any weathering tips for when I do! :love

That's weird... fireflyprops.com used to redirect to the .net addie. The guy who used to own it had it redirect to Frank's site. Guess he let the registration lapse.

Just got mine and it's beautiful! Nice weight, build is amazing, and the trigger has a nice click to it. The weathering job by Namebrand is fantastic as well. Definitely worth the price and the wait. (y)thumbsup :):):)

The pics arent as nice as Ull Dar Borealis' ones, but they get the job done

picture041k.jpg

On the Qmx Mal stand:
picture036z.jpg

Congratulations to everyone who got in on the run. These are jaw-droppers.

For those with one of these, any chance of a side-by-side photo with a Sidkit? I'm just curious. Okay, and slightly envious.

Thanks,

Ted.

It's been a slow process for me getting these done. Initially delays on the components, then delays for materials, then injuries, computer problems, and so on...if I was a superstitious person I would think this project was cursed! ;)

Not to worry though, they are nearly all ready to go out, you will be getting an email from me in it imminent future.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back