Limited Run 3D Scans of 150+ Star Wars Confirmed Donors

I'm not part of the run, but I want to play. I recognize most of the parts and have most of the kits, but there are a few I do not have/know. Some of the Airfix airplane parts run togehter for me and I can't remember which is which. Hopefully someone will help fill in the blanks.

Here is my stab at IDs for Cantina Dude. I left lots blank even though I know I have the kit. I decided to make it a game and see how many I could get off the top of my head. I'm sure someone can score better and I know I am not 100%, so do not trust any of this without verifying it yourself. I never keep track of the actual kit part number, so sorry, someone else will have to fill those in.

I just went back and did the math. If I got everything I listed correct then I scored a 63%.

If this works right there is an attached text file that is actually a CSV that can be renamed and opened in Excel.
Wonderful! Thanks so much for the great input. I'll compile this info with what I've already got from Studio Kitbash and others. (y)

OK, the resin arrived. I loaded all the parts into chitubox, supported, and sliced - then printed. All of the parts printed successfully except for the engine deck. one corner came out messed up, and there were a few print lines that were noticeable.. but I attribute that to my using the printer for literally the first time and not having it dialed in. I also discovered that I need a way better print/wash/cure/cleanup setup... I may have to clean out the workbench in the garage for this... its too stinky and messy to do in the living space... but that's not why you all clicked on the link The print, and T think that the errors encountered were my mistake not the files. I arranged them to print quickly and did not orient them optimally for the smoothest result -usually slanted parts ~ 30-45 degrees print smoother but take longer since they tend to end up taller and thus more layers to the print.

Overall I say successful test. I will finish curing them and post pics (phone camera pics) tomorrow.

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
So how are those parts looking Jedi Dade ???

Cantina_Dude I made some big progress on the spreadsheet last week. Added a ton of new filters for brand, scale and models. Also populated parts numbers for the Escape Pod and TIE Fighter. I'm working with Studio Kitbash on the Y-Wing and 5-footer Falcon, but holy cow are those two A LOT of work. Still shooting to share by the end of May. Here's a peak at some of the new filters:

Ogi Filters.jpg

I was feeling ill yesterday and slept most of the day... forgetting to take pics and post... Sorry for the delay in posting pics.

In short the parts look pretty good. I do have some weirdness on the engine deck and I don't know if its due to my part orientation or an issue with the model itself... It looked fine in the slicing tool.

I was feeling ill yesterday and slept most of the day... forgetting to take pics and post... Sorry for the delay in posting pics.

In short the parts look pretty good. I do have some weirdness on the engine deck and I don't know if its due to my part orientation or an issue with the model itself... It looked fine in the slicing tool.
It's ok we all enjoy huffin resin fumes on the DL. I have a mask for fumes, I keep it where it belongs....in it's original package.

Test print:
Thanks for the photo! Are you able to take some closer photos of each part individually? If you could get the focus set then we could really see the level of detail on each part. It seems like they generally look pretty good, but I do see the weird glitch on the corner of the engine deck. The mesh itself seems to be just fine in that section of the part, so perhaps there was just a little hiccup with your printer.

Which versions of the STLs did you use for these prints; the "FullRes" or the "LowRes"?

Is TIER 5 still open? Thanks
The run has ceased to exist in it's originally published form. The initiator of the run has abrogated his responsibility as well as the piece of hardware to a third party. No run participant has gotten a meaningful return on investment as advertised. Funds from those who wish to join the 'run' should be used:

a) To partially recompense original participants
b) To provide payment for time spent by the new providers of content.

Ventuoguy,

I completely understand your frustration. It is taking longer than I thought. I did bite off more than I could chew.

I will refund you the rest of your money this month.

Best,

SK

How's progress?
Well, I have been scanning parts and uploading them as time allows, but Studio Kitbash has asked me to pack up the scanner and ship it back to him along with the batch of kit parts so there won’t be anything new from me going forward I’m afraid. Apparently he now has some solution to his computer limitations and wants to take care of the scanning himself again. Once he receives the scanner and parts back, hopefully he can get things rolling quickly.

Well, I have been scanning parts and uploading them as time allows, but Studio Kitbash has asked me to pack up the scanner and ship it back to him along with the batch of kit parts so there won’t be anything new from me going forward I’m afraid. Apparently he now has some solution to his computer limitations and wants to take care of the scanning himself again. Once he receives the scanner and parts back, hopefully he can get things rolling quickly.
Interesting, where can I access these new files? Studio Kitbash you've found a solution and are finally going to produce some parts for us backers?

The plan is to scan!

I am still waiting for the package to arrive from Canada, but it should be here any day now.

Yes, you will see many real updates.

Thanks for checking in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back