37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Very nicely done Jim,you may want to light block everything before you do start on any lighting,I plan on using gray primer then use a gloss white on the inside for the light blocking then on the outside will be a couple coats of gray for the finish coat along with the red stripes..

That is what I am hoping to do with mine,I did start on mine but only washed some of the parts and remove some flash..I am stuck trying to figure how the engine box goes together I am going to have to look through this thread and cabour build to see how to put it together,I am also having issues with my new Bridge I got I can not seem to get the pre drilled holes cleaned out to run my fiber optics,they are plugged tight,I have contacted Tony and he suggested to try a couple things to me and I have had no luck.

Everything is going slowly for me on my TOS BSG but I did start it,lol

Clarence

Yep Clarence, Ill do the same on light blocking as you are, Ive done did one coat of kinda dark gray but I want to do a darker coat of darker gray then start my light gray washes slowly bringing the color of the proper gray the ship is. Yes Clarence, just look at Mikes build and you will see how the engine box is built this is what Ive done.every thing needs alot of trim and dry fitting to get the job done, also on the tubing make it stick out a bit to mount the box to the back engine so the tubes will help hold this part on a bit better as it helped me. you will most For Sure have alot of resin dust going when shaping your parts to fit, Good Luck my friend. Thanks Jim by the way you like Johnny?

Clarence, one other thing, I only have the top engine cover on its not glued yet I can still remove it once I start my Led lighting. Thanks Jim

Hello, Does anyone know where I can find any of this grid for the engines I thought for sure I had this same stuff now its gone all other grid I have does not look right. Thanks Jim

Hello Here's some more been building tiny little vipers man I don't know I think Ill give this another shot but here is what Ive done still working on the landing bays had to order parts to get a bit more done also a little extra the Johnny Five prototype and a few Predator friends enjoy. Thanks JimView attachment 406181View attachment 406182View attachment 406183View attachment 406184View attachment 406185View attachment 406186 Picture 026.jpgPicture 036.jpg

Has any one heard from Mike lately? I have sent him several PM's regarding missing parts but haven't heard back in quite a while. Didn't want to pester him, ie. health issues and all.

Just concerned. Hope he is ok.

Has any one heard from Mike lately? I have sent him several PM's regarding missing parts but haven't heard back in quite a while. Didn't want to pester him, ie. health issues and all.

Just concerned. Hope he is ok.

No it has been a while since I last heard from Mike I hope he is ok..The last time I heard from him was back on October 30th when I asked him about the replacement Domes he was going to send everyone who had bought his BSG..I have sent him a few PM's since then but I have not heard back..

Clarence

Clarence, I think Mike is working on his new x-wing, also believe he's going to try to get the 31 inch viper out soon, as well as trying to keep up with Glactica orders. But myself also hopes he is in good health and doing well. Mike, How Are You We Are Worried? Thanks Jim

Guys,

I don't want to start my own thread (or hijack this one) but I need some advice.

Is this level? Is the gap too big? I'm tired of sanding!!

IMG_3515.JPGIMG_3516.JPGIMG_3517.JPG

So many fibers! I've never done this before. I hope I don't screw it up!!!

IMG_3518.JPG

Ken

Looks like your nice an level. Not sure why there is a gap on some of these, it's not present in the pattern. I have a feeling that it's because of the hydrostatic pressure that pushes on the back wall of the head during casting. There is not much that i can change on it, so the evergreen strip + a little bit of kit bashing may be the best way to help blend it.

In other news a few big updates.

#1 Just finished up a full set of new molds, mixed news because i may not have time until after X mas to do casting of new kits. I am super busy with the x wing run right now.
#2 I have molded and have been actively casting update parts. The update parts i have in my hands are the back dome from Martyn, who has graciously allowed me to mold the 3D one he did. The new front dome, some new launch tubes, and a new rear landing bay cap detail (just the very end part) all designed by Dan Grumeretz and molded with his permission.
# 3 I am negotiating with Tony (FZ6) to pay him for the nose he designed. Basically i will pay him so i can mold the nose and offer it in my upgrade kit. Tony is very generous so this should happen.

So in short, anyone who purchased a kit should get a resin upgrade kit of 2 new domes, 8 launch tube upgrades (cut out the old) 2 rear landing bay detail caps (not the whole cap, just the detail bit at the end) and a new nose. As soon as possible i will send these out to everyone at no additional cost.

New kits going forward will come with the above parts as part of a standard kit.

Thanks
mike

Me too! Thank ye kindly Mike - most generous! Looking forward to the upgrade kit when you get around to it. And glad you are doing well...

Happy Thanksgiving all!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back