2023 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration NOW CLOSED!

I finished my gift and it has been shipped!
its-away-star-wars.gif

Mark me as received! I can never wait to open my SS gifts!

A huge thank you to Seraph77 ! First, a small bit of background. One of my absolute favorite TV shows is the British comedy Red Dwarf. When Series 7 and 8 were first airing around '97 or so, PBS picked it up here in the US (as the remastered version), but only at like 11pm. I'm probably 12 or 13ish at this point, and it is summertime with the katydids chirping. My mom and I would stay up late every night to watch this together, over and over again, while my dad was out driving a truck for work. I loved it. Plus, these shows were literally 30 minutes- no commercials at all! I bought all the DVDs when they came out, and it became my comfort show. I fell asleep watching it every night for probably 2 years in my early 20s, to wake up at 2am to the menu screen on repeat for hours by this point. Contradictory to how many of us love our TV shows, I never discussed it with anyone, nor did I ever recommend it to anyone. I didn't want anyone I talked to to have anything bad to say about my beloved Red Dwarf. It was my personal secret comfort zone, as I knew nobody else who'd ever even heard of it.

So, to my utter delight and amazement, when I opened my package today and read the lovely note, I found a handmade Mr. Flibble from the Series 5 episode Quarantine! One of the main characters (a hologram) catches a hologrammatic virus, and makes him start to go insane. He starts talking with this little guy, and makes him an equal part villain as himself.

20231125_201531.jpg

20231125_201258.jpg20231125_201534.jpg20231125_201538.jpg20231125_201456.jpg

He's about 7" tall, and is a functional hand puppet! His crazy googly eyes crack me up. When I felt the envelope, I thought it had a t-shirt inside. This is waaaayyyyy better. In the dark, his eyes even strobe out crazy red, just like in the episode, with the built in battery pack/electronics.

20231125_201426.jpg

I can't wait to make a little form to put inside him, so I can stand him up and display him all the time!

Thank you again Seraph77 , I love it very much! He looks like a lot of work went into him, and it's highly appreciated. This kind of unexpected surprise is exactly why I love to do this every year! A+

Mr. Flibble is very cross!

Mark me as received! I can never wait to open my SS gifts!

A huge thank you to Seraph77 ! First, a small bit of background. One of my absolute favorite TV shows is the British comedy Red Dwarf. When Series 7 and 8 were first airing around '97 or so, PBS picked it up here in the US (as the remastered version), but only at like 11pm. I'm probably 12 or 13ish at this point, and it is summertime with the katydids chirping. My mom and I would stay up late every night to watch this together, over and over again, while my dad was out driving a truck for work. I loved it. Plus, these shows were literally 30 minutes- no commercials at all! I bought all the DVDs when they came out, and it became my comfort show. I fell asleep watching it every night for probably 2 years in my early 20s, to wake up at 2am to the menu screen on repeat for hours by this point. Contradictory to how many of us love our TV shows, I never discussed it with anyone, nor did I ever recommend it to anyone. I didn't want anyone I talked to to have anything bad to say about my beloved Red Dwarf. It was my personal secret comfort zone, as I knew nobody else who'd ever even heard of it.

So, to my utter delight and amazement, when I opened my package today and read the lovely note, I found a handmade Mr. Flibble from the Series 5 episode Quarantine! One of the main characters (a hologram) catches a hologrammatic virus, and makes him start to go insane. He starts talking with this little guy, and makes him an equal part villain as himself.

View attachment 1764536
View attachment 1764533View attachment 1764537View attachment 1764538View attachment 1764535

He's about 7" tall, and is a functional hand puppet! His crazy googly eyes crack me up. When I felt the envelope, I thought it had a t-shirt inside. This is waaaayyyyy better. In the dark, his eyes even strobe out crazy red, just like in the episode, with the built in battery pack/electronics.

View attachment 1764534

I can't wait to make a little form to put inside him, so I can stand him up and display him all the time!

Thank you again Seraph77 , I love it very much! He looks like a lot of work went into him, and it's highly appreciated. This kind of unexpected surprise is exactly why I love to do this every year! A+

Mr. Flibble is very cross!
I am so very glad you like it! He is from one of my favorite episodes of Red Dwarf. I admit I was a little worried that you might not remember the episode or that you might find him strange, but hearing your history with the show makes me really happy that I could find something to go with those memories. Merry Christmas!

I am so very glad you like it! He is from one of my favorite episodes of Red Dwarf. I admit I was a little worried that you might not remember the episode or that you might find him strange, but hearing your history with the show makes me really happy that I could find something to go with those memories. Merry Christmas!
Oh, I remember. It's an unforgettable episode, plus I've seen it at least 50-60+ times. Thanks again!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back