2021 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration NOW CLOSED

Mark me down as received!
Large package waiting for me when I got home from work, Ripped box open (as you do).
Inside, A cool scratch built "one of a kind" Orca space ship (I recognise the yakult bottles as boosters :) ) "Freddy Glove" chopsticks, Walking Dead Soap-On-a-Rope ears and a nice Nostromo fridge magnet.
Many Thanks to my Secret Santa (Basic Paul) Love them!

jQLQy6a.jpg

Mark me down as received!
Large package waiting for me when I got home from work, Ripped box open (as you do).
Inside, A cool scratch built "one of a kind" Orca space ship (I recognise the yakult bottles as boosters :) ) "Freddy Glove" chopsticks, Walking Dead Soap-On-a-Rope ears and a nice Nostromo fridge magnet.
Many Thanks to my Secret Santa (Basic Paul) Love them!

Glad you liked it. It was fun to make, always wish I have more time on things but I'm happy with where I got for it being my second build like this ever. Also I'm happy you enjoyed the extra items too :) have a great Christmas!

Dead right on the Yakult bottles haha!

Plenty more parts to identify there if you want the challenge. (not to mention the little bloody easter egg, if you've found that yet)

1. back of the main body is the bottom of antibac wipes, sign of the times!
  2. main bod ovular shape is a clothes dye bottle
  3. front of the body is a combination of a pot and the lid to the antibac wipes
  4. Yakult bottle engines with Jedi shampoo bottle end spheres attached. the ends of the two engines contain small model paint pots.
    1. Bonus item: lots of layers of paint to cover up Yakult logos!
  5. radar dish is a switch pulled from an electric screwdriver
  6. top cylinder is another shampoo bottle. on the end of this is part of an antibac spray bottle.
  7. the cuboid in the rear is a toothpick box
  8. the central engine is mostly the top cap of a can of compressed air
  9. parts from a hard drive bay
  10. yellow tanks are from a German u boat model
  11. struts from a WW2 bomber
  12. bottom docking bay is a webcam privacy cover (if you open this cover, there is a blood splatter.. had to be, its JAWS inspired!)
  13. the square extruded struts are just styrene
  14. there are also:
    1. Transistors on front and top back section
    2. other small parts from spray bottles (on the bottom and top)
    3. end caps for fibreoptic cables on the sides near the yellow tanks
    4. small parts from circuit boards on the side of the boosters.
    5. RJ45 stopper cap under the central cylinder near the engine.

Tried to fit in some design elements from the Jaws boat it takes inspiration from, hence why plenty of weathering and rust.

ship4.jpg

ship3.jpg

ship2.jpg

A gift has arrived but my goodness... its ever so slightly more than I expected.

The Art of the Mandalorian is full of amazing pictures and great information. A gorgeous real wood turned pen and an Airwolf flight suit Patch. I guess i'm now going to make an Airwolf flight suit to put it on.

Excellent work Secret Santa it is very much appreciated.
20211211_171456.jpg

Love the gifts posted so far!

I've been slacking as usual, but I finally decided on what to get my recipient and it should be arriving sometime in the next day or two, so I should definitely be able to get it shipped out before the USPS's shipping deadline for it to arrive before Christmas :)

I have my gift and will be shipping tomorrow or Thursday. Tomorrow is my 40th Bday.

I received my gift. It is a Replica of the Ark Room from Raiders. I will get a picture up later. It is really awesome I need to get a Indy and Sallah Action figure to go with the set. You rock Santa!!! Thank you so much!!

I have my gift and will be shipping tomorrow or Thursday. Tomorrow is my 40th Bday.

I received my gift. It is a Replica of the Ark Room from Raiders. I will get a picture up later. It is really awesome I need to get a Indy and Sallah Action figure to go with the set. You rock Santa!!! Thank you so much!!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow. 40 is the new 21

I have received my lovely gift. I couldn't wait, and opened it early. Thank you secret santa! :D (very impressive packaging and wrapping job btw. Opening it was a fun experience, too!)

I think I am going to make a special alien themed picture frame for this before hanging it in my office. :cool:

alienPhotoRPF.jpg

I also see my gift has arrived per the tracking info. Hooray. (y)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday!

I love watching everyone post there gifts here so please keep it up! The hard work and thoughtful gifts really is a Christmas highlight for me. I thought I’d post my gift to Macorrie “out of the box” for everyone to see. I enjoyed this years build a lot. I had fun with the previous years but from top to bottom this went smoothly.

Attachments

• 8822B4E4-157D-44F3-A549-B5987450B8AE.jpeg
    8822B4E4-157D-44F3-A549-B5987450B8AE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
  • 0F8F994B-914D-4360-B13E-2B70006B6B49.jpeg
    0F8F994B-914D-4360-B13E-2B70006B6B49.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back