2019 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration CLOSED

Please mark me as RECEIVED.
20191219_160547.jpg

Due to a complete lack of will power I obviously opened it immediately and my my.... Mr and Mrs Santa are looking pretty good for their age.
20191219_160655.jpg

Inside was a pair of figures, one Stomrtrooper and one Mandalorian (I think the Emperor must be arranging a Terracotta style army to be Buried with). Also a Mandalorian symbol which I believe I will make into a fridge magnet.
20191219_160800.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa, They will go on my figure shelf in my Man Cave.

For once I didn't wait until the last possible day to ship my recipient's package out, but I cut it pretty close. Anyways you can mark me as shipped (my brother IAmCaseyJones has also shipped, but I'll tell him to post confirming that).

I still haven't received anything from my SS, but as usual I'm in no rush, as I always wait until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day to open it anyways :)

Mark me as received!

And because I have no self control, and was having sort of a crap day anyway, I went ahead and opened it.

Two laser engraved LED lights, the Death Star and Darth Vader! Plus, a gift certificate for another one of my own design!

Thank you, Secret RPF Santa, this really brightened my day.

264.jpeg262.jpeg
20191221_125744.jpg
20191221_125738.jpg

So I contacted Laser brain studios to redeem my gift certificate for another LED light. I decided to go with Princess Leia, and I'm going to have it lit in front of my two foot tall electronic R2-D2, recreating one of the most iconic scenes in the OT (and TLJ).

Thanks again, Gabe!

Last edited:
Mark me as received......ish, lol. My box came in a bit damaged, looks like someone may have mistook it for a forktruck wheel chuck. I just didnt feel right refusing the package. Seems like a fitting end to this crappy year. Not quite sure what it is but I do appreciate the thought and work put into it. Thank you Gryphon37. Its all good.

MAHfo1R.jpg

UiNlvLG.jpg

e6GPGpP.jpg

rLVi7NO.jpg

f3dL6un.jpg

72VV7HR.jpg

My packages are away. One is set to be delivered the 23rd and the other one is to be delivered Dec 24th. I am sorry for the delay I attempted to sew something together and it did not work out too well. I need way more practice before attempting a gift for someone. At the end of the day the gifts will be there and I had so much fun attempting to make one by hand even though it turned out to be just "practice time" Merry Christmas Recipient!!

Mark me as received......ish, lol. My box came in a bit damaged, looks like someone may have mistook it for a forktruck wheel chuck. I just didnt feel right refusing the package. Seems like a fitting end to this crappy year. Not quite sure what it is but I do appreciate the thought and work put into it. Thank you Gryphon37. Its all good.

Man I'm heartbroken to see that. Fed Ex might be able to reimburse me, since I had the package valued at $100, (mostly for the work involved, not the materials). If they decide to pay for it, I'll make sure to send you an amazon gift card for whatever I get from them.
Also, here's what the gift looked like before Fed Ex decided to put it through a woodchipper.

Attachments

• IMG_5928.jpg
    IMG_5928.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 296
Its alright man. It looked great!! I appreciate the work and effort put into it. Stuff happens. I wouldn't worry about it. Im sure it would be tough to get them to cover a hand made item like this. Its the thought and effort that counts and i thank you !!!

Yes it is a bummer. Unfortunatly my pop passed last week and im about to go on a long ash spreading trip with my mom so its going to be awhile before im back around so sorting this out right now will be a bit impossible. He did a great job on this gift and that is what matters to me. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year !

I have shipped and recieved :) it says my gift has already been delivered to my recipient so I’m relieved it made it on time! I’m waiting until Xmas to open my gift and will post pics when I open :) Merry Xmas Everyone!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back