2019 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration CLOSED

I finally got mine shipped out. I definatly went overboard with mine and may have bitten off more than I could chew, but I barely finished it and should arrive very soon. I loved it so much that I was debating on keeping it and accepting a ban, but that is no fun so it has since departed me to a home that hopefully will appreciate just as much.

I also received my gift the other day. I wonderfull wooden box with a bell inside, but I must have been a good boy this year for it does not ring :)
15766224685033371616649381569576.jpg

I loved it so much that I was debating on keeping it and accepting a ban, but that is no fun so it has since departed me to a home that hopefully will appreciate just as much.
I was definitely in the same boat when I finished my gift. I had actually bought enough supplies to make 2, but I'm going to give both away, so I guess I'll have to wait until I have time to make one for myself.

Hey Guys,

First of all, my apologies for not being around the last couple days. I've taken on some freelance work to help fund the Christmas season and it's keeping me busy! Lol

Second, list is updated! If you see an "*" by your name that means you haven't shipped yet but you've let me know about it. This is okay but please do your best to get your gifts to their recipients on time.

Third, the following I don't have marked as shipped! Please let me know status ASAP:

xl97
Scapey
Capn_Jack_Savvy
StormyStorm
ooSuperman23
The Cog
IamCaseyJones
gabevt
NCHammer

Fourth! I have received my gift! I'm one of the guys that waits until Christmas 'cause quite frankly there would be barely anything under the tree if I didn't :lol:. Huge thank you to Noeland! And based on the parcel my sincerest apologies for the outrageous postage you had to pay to get it to me! :(

I said a while back that I'd share a story with you guys, first a bit of backstory...

Over the years of me doing SS here there have been two incredibly generous people who have gone out of their way to make my Christmas' special. One of them, SecretSquirrel, has been very good at keeping themselves a secret, but a second, was revealed to me as none other than doppelganger a couple of years ago. :)

Well, in November I had a very rare business trip to the UK and I was absolutely thrilled to get the chance to meet him for dinner! It was great to finally meet this man who has been SO generous with me and others on this forum. Not only did he send me Christmas gifts each year but when I was struggling to buy groceries earlier this year he sent me, completely unprompted, money and gifts for my kids.

The man himself is everything you would expect him to be. Kind, friendly, and easy to talk with. I have to say as well, now knowing more about his personal life through conversation I have so much more respect and admiration for him.

Rob, thank you so much for making the drive out to meet with me! And you've inspired me, I *WILL* have a replica DB5 one day!

I said a while back that I'd share a story with you guys, first a bit of backstory...

Over the years of me doing SS here there have been two incredibly generous people who have gone out of their way to make my Christmas' special. One of them, SecretSquirrel, has been very good at keeping themselves a secret, but a second, was revealed to me as none other than doppelganger a couple of years ago. :)

Well, in November I had a very rare business trip to the UK and I was absolutely thrilled to get the chance to meet him for dinner! It was great to finally meet this man who has been SO generous with me and others on this forum. Not only did he send me Christmas gifts each year but when I was struggling to buy groceries earlier this year he sent me, completely unprompted, money and gifts for my kids.

The man himself is everything you would expect him to be. Kind, friendly, and easy to talk with. I have to say as well, now knowing more about his personal life through conversation I have so much more respect and admiration for him.

Rob, thank you so much for making the drive out to meet with me! And you've inspired me, I *WILL* have a replica DB5 one day!
Awwww shucks.... you're welcome my friend. Something else should be imbound for your tree this week. Hopefully it'll get to you in time.

Mark me as sent. I pm'd you. Will get there December 21st. I really think he's gonna love it. And if he doesn't he can send it back,cause I love it!

WHATS IN THE BOXXXX? WHATS IN THE BOXXXXXXX?

It better not be Gwyneth Paltrow's head...... Although.
It was from Amazon. But it wasn't what it should have been... Another customer had the same name as me, so they sent him my chanter and I got HIS sporran! LOL I was pissed, though. It's fixed, though. They sent me a shipping label and I am gonna print it out and mail the sporran to its owner, and my chanter is already on it's way to me. :D not SS. :(

It was from Amazon. But it wasn't what it should have been... Another customer had the same name as me, so they sent him my chanter and I got HIS sporran! LOL I was pissed, though. It's fixed, though. They sent me a shipping label and I am gonna print it out and mail the sporran to its owner, and my chanter is already on it's way to me. :D not SS. :(
Hello fellow pipist! Are you just starting out? That is a very unfortunate and funny mix up

Hello fellow pipist! Are you just starting out? That is a very unfortunate and funny mix up
yep! Brand new to it. My wife made me a kilt for Ren-Fest this year, and while I was there I picked up a sporran, belt, traditional socks, ect. And we have loved the bagpipes for many many years. I always wanted to learn the bag-pipes, even before I ever heard of "ren-fest" LOL. But now I'm addicted! :D This chanter is my x-mas present from my wife, and I am very excited. I'm also nervous. I have stage 2 COPD with about 57% use of my lungs. But I have seen children playing the pipes so I think I can manage. gotta stay positive! :) Why don't you pm me if you wanna chat some more so we don't muck up the thread. I would love your insight on learning the pipes.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back