2012 So Cal Prop Party CRAVE ONLINE VIDEO PAGE 1

Re: 2012 So Cal Prop Party (It's that time of year again)

But eating crazy polo players seems a bit cannabilistic.

I recommend..

EL POLLO Loco. (That extra L makes quite a difference on what you are eating lolol)

BAZINGA.....

Oh Snap! :lol

and before I get zinged about my spelling.. I spelled Cannibalistic wrong.

:p

Catering would be a better idea than a potluck. We have some characters here so its safe to assume I wouldnt be the only one bringing whatever product placement is left over from the prior work project, or a fruit cake.

Port a johns are an option but they do cost money to rent and have transported.

As mentioned its an empty warehouse, empty and it would be pending owner approval. Although if the owner did show up it would be a treat, we would possibly be supplying one staff member of their team with a day rate to watch over the building.

With the warehouse being empty, were now looking at a table/chair solution. These can be rented but again this is a cost situation.

All that being said I dont see how the $20 per person cost can be avoided if we were to hit an existing banquet location or an empty warehouse.

Abby and I would love to come down south for this. If it's too close to Wonder Con, that could be an issue, but after seeing what last years was like... and the fact that we haven't had a good one in NCal in forever....

Zendragon and I are a possibility! Have to see how things are going with work and etc, but love to see some of the gang!

and of course- we post at the same time /dorks

That would be SWEET! We could make it the same weekend as WonderCon, would that be better or worse?

Yeah, the 17th is during WonderCon in Anaheim, FWIW.

I have no idea which end of the state I will be in. But If I'm in the south side, I'm in.

As always im a big maybe. But ill contribute somehow.

Wouldnt having it on the same date as a big convention pull members away form the party? Cuz ya gotta pick and choose right?

I haven't been able to make it the last few years, am looking forward to being able to this year! :) BUT... if it's the same weekend as Wondercon, I won't be able to make it. Will be staffing at the con.

I should be able to come and hopefully my gandalf staff should be there too!

Catering? Porta potties? yikes man, sounds like a lot of work. Personally, I'd rather just pay the 20 bucks at D&B and risk getting tweaked on the buffet.

Buffed situation could easily be resolved by simply requiring that ONLY paid attendees get to eat. Keep yer mongrel kids on a leash this time, fyfe!

Maybe eat before you go and then bring a little something to snack on (in a small cooler) and not depend on catering or the restaurant to supply the food at all (just a thought).

Just finished reading thru this thread and only my opinion but:

Actually have you thought about having it in April to coincide with monsterpalooza maybe?

Bad idea......these events including Wondercon will only take away people from attending ours. Its also in my opinion to have the party at least a few weeks away from these events so theres no "burn out" prop party-wise.

Option 'B': Cater the whole damn thing from El Polio loco. They have catering menus. I did my 'day after wedding get together' from them and it was like $400 to feed 100 people IIRC. What about inviting that guy from the SyFy prop show? Or Mythbusters Adam? Or......Anyway, just some thoughts.

I could ask Joe and his crew if they are interested in coming but it didn't seem well received by some last year but its an option. I'd also like to see Alec from Propworx show up.

That would be SWEET! We could make it the same weekend as WonderCon, would that be better or worse?

Same opinion up above.

I know that Dennis (TymerDC) has scouted a few places, so I hope to have a better idea of locations soon.

Brad.....already know of some places with plenty of parking...plenty of room for the movie cars, bathrooms, well lite room, stage, video feed and screen for movies and a kitchen for food. I'll talk to you about it.

I've also talked to some attendees of Monsterpalooza last year who showed interest in attending...we'll see once I contact them...another reason not to have the party close to these events.

Re: 2012 So Cal Prop Party ** Possible Place** See 1st post

Updated 1st post with possible location.

Its a good location Brad but not sure of the price. I could also see what it would cost to have a hotdog or food vendor set up there like we have at our clock shows.

I think my only concern with the shriner's hall is the Honda Center event parking. During special events or sport games, nearby parking lots near the El Bekal Shrine (shriners hall) are used for special event parking.

Meaning heavy traffic and possible paying for parking if the lot fills up.....

Usually when you rent a hall, you get dedicated parking. If the hall becomes the place, make sure that parking is guaranteed with the rental agreement.

I think my only concern with the shriner's hall is the Honda Center event parking. During special events or sport games, nearby parking lots near the El Bekal Shrine (shriners hall) are used for special event parking.

Meaning heavy traffic and possible paying for parking if the lot fills up.....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back