1st step in new Bad Mother ******* Project (Update post 33)

I always though the piece with the 3 buttons was likely a physically separate piece and it simply rotated due to use or they never paid attention that closely when assembling it.
It might be. But when it's inserted into the saber it's held in place by and aluminum part that needs to fit it in place and that part seems to have been machined as exact mirrors on two different versions of the prop. I was wondering if when they made the master, this aluminum piece. Which looks like a M or Psi (with a flat top and three prong leggs) might have been machined a two parts at once and then cut in half. This could have generated two parts that were exact mirrors of each other.

It's hard to say.

With the other prequel sabers there were multiple heroes but the rule has been: one hero gets cast as a master and then all the stunts show the same weird details in the different stunt iterations.

But with this one, it looks like two rounds of mastering and castings happened, as we can see at least two versions of the mace saber in master, belt stunt, and fighting stunt form.

I've seen you've been busy with some other projects, but any updates on this one?
Can't wait to see this thing, you always kill it. Keep up the good work.

Dan - can I ask what the differences are between the AotC and the RotS versions? Looking to check an item I have..

Also curious if the emitter holes reach through to the center emitter hole (clear through) or if all the holes are just surface..

Ok just saw this on TIKTOK from the Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show..good shot of the engraving

Attachments

• FE45C795-1BF9-41F9-B3FB-0719B1B2761F.jpeg
    FE45C795-1BF9-41F9-B3FB-0719B1B2761F.jpeg
    644.8 KB · Views: 269
Honestly, the engraving looks like the work of a thin point sharpie pen. You’d think the crew could have a nicer job engraving it. Is that even engraved?
Doesn’t Sam have another one which does look engraved?

Honestly, the engraving looks like the work of a thin point sharpie pen. You’d think the crew could have a nicer job engraving it. Is that even engraved?
The engraving looks be made using a vibration scriber sold at Amazon or Home Depot. Not sure if laser engravers available back then.

I think that someone at FB did a run of BMF engraving on 89 MW hilts. It came out much nicer than SJ's hilt.

It looks much different in these two.

Attachments

• C46E8C03-B748-45D1-A468-B6BE6BF7C7B8.jpeg
    C46E8C03-B748-45D1-A468-B6BE6BF7C7B8.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 69BE16D5-8DD7-46F9-ABDC-412EFE1B0DA6.jpeg
    69BE16D5-8DD7-46F9-ABDC-412EFE1B0DA6.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 173
I took a closer look at those shots because I, too, thought it was a sharper/larger font but now I recognize the weird B in the second photo. It may be the same thing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back