R5-D4 bad motivator

BadMotivator

Hello, I'm trying to track down the original parts used for R5-D4's 'bad' motivator. Looks to me like a car combination light socket. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHLS6114. Anyone know for sure?
latest?cb=20130226005006.png

Last edited:
The top part resembles a kitchen sink snap on cover…
Good thinking. Could be the ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ cap for an Armitage Shanks sink knob / handwheel. Perhaps even the very same one that some folks believe is missing from the back end of the Obi-Wan lightsaber seen in my avatar photo.

Good thinking. Could be the ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ cap for an Armitage Shanks sink knob / handwheel. Perhaps even the very same one that some folks believe is missing from the back end of the Obi-Wan lightsaber seen in my avatar photo.
I sure wish that’s true

1000% correct…
Thanks all! Question, does the sink kitchen cover look "flatter" than the bad motivator image to you all? I came up with the car combination light socket idea because it's more concave/indent in the center. See image attached. Both appear to have an even dozen prongs though. Sorry to be so specific...

Attachments

• 12444590_aag_pta1987_pri_larg.jpg
    12444590_aag_pta1987_pri_larg.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 60
Thanks all! Question, does the sink kitchen cover look "flatter" than the bad motivator image to you all? I came up with the car combination light socket idea because it's more concave/indent in the center. See image attached. Both appear to have an even dozen prongs though. Sorry to be so specific...
As much as I’d like it to be the sink part, I definitely see your point. There looks to be something deeper and darker in the center - just like your light socket proposal.

This would definitely make for a cool little build.

I think I’m counting 10 “teeth” or prongs

Here are a couple more screen grabs I managed to snag that may be a tad clearer. One shows the shape of teeth on the sink cap/light socket a little clearer against the white smoke, the other is the cleanest 4K shot I could get of the whole assembly.

IMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

Last edited:
I am fairly confident there are 12 teeth/prongs. Unless they’re not evenly spaced or some missing, I think there’s one on each side that’s almost flat vertical and hard to see. But that’s just my take. Thanks again everybody for chiming in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back