1/72 Scale Docking Bay 94

I used my cement I always use for styrene on the ones I bought and worked just the same.
Zoomed in on your pic and it looks like a sandwich material with a pvc foam core. I would have assumed it was cardboard, but the seller is probably referring to the backing being styrene? That would explain styrene glue working which is good as PVC welding --> hydrochloric acid potentially :D

Also, that furry Bantha is my favorite of your figures. It looks so good.

I did some more work on the actual Docking Bay today. The top flat areas are not fastened yet since I still have a lot of work to do for lighting and painting. But still good progress!

20200603_213408.jpg

Zoomed in on your pic and it looks like a sandwich material with a pvc foam core. I would have assumed it was cardboard, but the seller is probably referring to the backing being styrene? That would explain styrene glue working which is good as PVC welding --> hydrochloric acid potentially :D

Also, that furry Bantha is my favorite of your figures. It looks so good.

Well, I have some foam core mixed in with the 3mm styrene sheets. They are full plastic, though. Thanks for the feedback! My favorite is the Ronto... For now lol

I have been working on my project, so I do have some updates. Most of my concentration has been on the Falcon at this time. But I'm also making progress on the Docking Bay, too. As promised, here's a comparison of my 1/350 version with this one:

20200616_082759.jpg

Here's some of the progress I've made on the Falcon:

20200614_202441.jpg

20200614_225135.jpg

And finally, I bought this set off ebay... I'm anxious to see how it scales:

micromachine speeder.jpg

I like the different color metal look of the greeblies. I think it makes a bot more sense than having everything the base color

Me too... It just makes more sense to me. Especially with the Falcon. What do you think of the Speeder and AT-ST? I'm excited to see how they compare in scale to everything else.

I have the AT-ST. It technically is on the small side, but I think it is definitely in the ball park for 1/72.

It looks good enough with other 1/72 stuff (over there on the right). Note: I have not done anything with it, not even painted it yet

IMG_6926 (2).JPG

I do not have the speeder. I think it might be the other end of the spectrum. It is larger, but I am not sure how much or if it will be "too" large. But then again, if thrown in there with other stuff it should be fine. If too large, you could always paint it up as a different type. LIke a larger cadillac style version of Luke's :lol:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back