1/72 Cloud City Diorama with PG Falcon and FM Slave 1

Slave 1’s looking sweet , as are the figures (y) korben .
Mind me asking what was used for levitating Han’s carbonite carrier ? Asking cause if that piece isn’t too heavy, then perhaps a smaller fibre optic strand could be used - so it’s not as noticeable maybe ?... just a thought :D

I used a thick piece of clear acrylic rod... I do have some 1mm fiber optic strands that might work much better. I was basically seeing how it looked all set up, but thanks for the observation! I still need to paint Han, as well.

Working on her backside, now ;)

PSX_20190417_205837.jpg PSX_20190417_205803.jpg

Looking good! I assume R2 will be blowing a smokescreen?I have the Fine Molds Slave 1 with the little HIC and my plan is to have the figure with hands on the block holding it up. Not an easy task at this scale but it would eliminate the really long strings I have coming down from the ceiling.

That detail is insane. I want. I'm currently thinking of doing my own similar diorama of the falcon landed, but on batu. But im gonna wait till it opens first so i can get better references than just the model lol.

Very cool!

if your not opposed to a close to 1/72, but the slightly smaller scale, mircomachines figures would work (looks like you have a micromachines Luke)
There is this Lando
Micro Machines Star Wars Lando | eBay
or this pose
Star Wars Micro Machines Action Fleet LANDO CALRISSIAN | eBay

or a set with the second Lando pose, Luke in Bespin outfit, and an Ugnaught plus some others
Star Wars, Galoob Micro Machines Transforming Action Set Darth Vader Bespin 1994 | eBay

Here is how the Lando figure sizes with a Fine Molds 1/72 Stormtrooper
41356402692_be5479b1cc.jpg

You can get a Bandai 1/72 Vader from here (accompanied by 2 Stormtroopers)
Star Wars Bandai 1/72 Scale Model Series 01 Mini Figure Collection - Tesla's Toys

I actually have some Darth Vader's from the Tie Advanced Bandai kits... I was looking for something a little more fluid... holding a lightsaber... But that Lando looks pretty perfect to me. I'm sure the Luke will be good too. Thanks for the links!

That's going to be pretty epic!

You glass/acrylic/clear protective case for it and make it a coffee table

Although it probably would look really good a a corner shelf type of display

Looking sweet korben , between Ross & yourself I’m turning green with envy :sick:!

Are you planning to leave the display/diorama exposed or have some type of undercover protective housing - or making it modular ?
Have you considered having one of the landing platforms on a slightly different level (height ) using steps leading up/down to one maybe ?, just to emphasise that the ‘action’ was taking place at a similar time, but at very different locations ?

Ged

That's going to be pretty epic!

You glass/acrylic/clear protective case for it and make it a coffee table

Although it probably would look really good a a corner shelf type of display

That's not a bad idea!

Looking sweet korben , between Ross & yourself I’m turning green with envy :sick:!

Are you planning to leave the display/diorama exposed or have some type of undercover protective housing - or making it modular ?
Have you considered having one of the landing platforms on a slightly different level (height ) using steps leading up/down to one maybe ?, just to emphasise that the ‘action’ was taking place at a similar time, but at very different locations ?

Ged

My plan is to make it modular for easier transportation. I may build an acrylic box for it, but that is still up in the air. I might take the suggestion of raising/lower one platform into consideration.

Thanks for the feedback!

For inspiration, I came across these...

millennium-falcon-asteroid-27207.jpg

ce15770759ea8d5a63fb51b8dec5ddaf.jpg

Actually you wouldn't even necessarily need a full acrylic/glass box. you could just have a glass top on a frame
but make it L shaped with the corner of the L being a support for the glass tops on each side.

Not sure if that makes sense?

Oooh... those look great! That gives me some ideas for sure! I do understand what you are saying about the glass top. I'll have to hit up the local flea market to see if I can find a nice sized glass top for cheap... I can build a base for it without issue.

I may want to encase the whole display to keep dust out.

Small update... I'm finally back on working on the platform and main building for this diorama. I've got my layout of the interior of the building done. I'll be working on building it next. I still have to determine how high to make the exterior walls and if I'm going to do multiple levels on the inside.

20190613_220827.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back