1/72 Cloud City Diorama with PG Falcon and FM Slave 1

Got a few surprises in the mail... Today was these guys, thanks to computergeek!

20190325_163708_HDR.jpg 20190325_163451_HDR.jpg

Over the weekend I picked up some MasterTouch soft Pastels from Hobby Lobby... They were on sale for 50% off. I'm in the process of turning them all into powders for weathering. Here's where I'm at with those:

PSX_20190324_224707.jpg

And I also started fine detailing the bottom hull of my PG Millennium Falcon.

PSX_20190324_224637.jpg PSX_20190324_224528.jpg

Got a few surprises in the mail... Today was these guys, thanks to computergeek!

View attachment 1003717 View attachment 1003718

Over the weekend I picked up some MasterTouch soft Pastels from Hobby Lobby... They were on sale for 50% off. I'm in the process of turning them all into powders for weathering. Here's where I'm at with those:

View attachment 1003719

And I also started fine detailing the bottom hull of my PG Millennium Falcon.

View attachment 1003720 View attachment 1003721

Incredible dude, just incredible!!(y)

You are too kind, brother... but thank you. I could stare at her all day... The amount of time I have spent on her is astounding! But worth every minute...

I hear you brother! I spend a fair amount of time looking at mine. I gotta take a break from the FM and do the base for it, I hope to put a motorized turn table inside the base so it all can be appreciated!

I hear you brother! I spend a fair amount of time looking at mine. I gotta take a break from the FM and do the base for it, I hope to put a motorized turn table inside the base so it all can be appreciated!

Hey Ross, you still planning to display your diorama in that alcove ?
If not , seeing’s how your living arrangements have....,er .. changed , why not consider having it out in the open ?
I mean, the the amount of time , effort (blood,sweat & tears - right !) and not to mention $$$ you’ve obviously spent on this project, it deserves a ‘pride of place’ position.
Besides, ALL that gorgeous work needs viewing from every angle ! Just saying ;)

Hey Ross, you still planning to display your diorama in that alcove ?
If not , seeing’s how your living arrangements have....,er .. changed , why not consider having it out in the open ?
I mean, the the amount of time , effort (blood,sweat & tears - right !) and not to mention $$$ you’ve obviously spent on this project, it deserves a ‘pride of place’ position.
Besides, ALL that gorgeous work needs viewing from every angle ! Just saying ;)

Hey Jed, thanks again for the kind words. I hear what you're saying, but I really built the thing to go in the alcove as you put it. I've patterned and cut pieces to surround the exposed areas but haven't finished them yet. Besides, in the shelf it's safer and collects lest dust. Can you imagine me having to clean that thing?! LOL

Ok... the bottom hull is done... I was also working on some photoshop skills by adjusting my pictures to better show what she looks like... Next up is the cockpit cone and tube... Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 1004834 View attachment 1004826 View attachment 1004827 View attachment 1004828 View attachment 1004829 View attachment 1004830 View attachment 1004831 View attachment 1004833

Damn dude that looks good!(y) I'm gonna have to "enhance" my weathering now LOL

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back