1/6 Scale X-wing Cockpit Only

LOVING this project!

IMO your targeting computer viewfinder is too long. I'm referencing this:
http://i0.wp.com/m.screencaps.us/197/7-starwars4/full/star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-13624.jpg

Thanks Treadwell. The targeting computer has to be redone. It was my 1st crack at it. :) I have multiple reference shots. The problem is getting the right scale for the X-wing. In One photo it looks stubby, short compact and in others it looks long, flat. swnh_5427 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

I will try again until I'm happy with it. Thats's part of the fun or fustration :lol..... getting it right. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are pics with decals on the outside? ( for example... No step etc....) I thought I saw a sideways red spade on one of the X-wings. Thanks

Izzy

The sideways red spade marks the photon torpedo tubes on some of the birds.

There are many small decals that vary from X-wing to X-wing. Some of them are sourced in whole or in part from the source models for kitbashing, aircraft, vehicles, etc. There are even some Tamiya star logos (cut in half).

Attached are a couple of Jason Eaton's (MoffEaton's) 'cheat sheets' for various X-wings and other craft, to give you an example of the kind of decals that are on them.

-MJ

Attachments

• decals6-A.jpg
    decals6-A.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 378
  • Jason's-Decals.jpg
    Jason's-Decals.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
The sideways red spade marks the photon torpedo tubes on some of the birds.

There are many small decals that vary from X-wing to X-wing. Some of them are sourced in whole or in part from the source models for kitbashing, aircraft, vehicles, etc. There are even some Tamiya star logos (cut in half).

Attached are a couple of Jason Eaton's (MoffEaton's) 'cheat sheets' for various X-wings and other craft, to give you an example of the kind of decals that are on them.

-MJ

Not sure if this helps Izzy

View attachment 485289

Thanks Guys. It's exactly what I'm looking for. This will help me finish it up.:)

I added the outside Decals (painted them). I may have missed some but that's OK. I also added the targeting computer line to finish it up. I would love to see Sideshow do something like this for the Luke X-wing. Can't wait to get the Luke X-wing to add him to this.:D It was a very good learning experience. Here are a few more pics with the outside detail markings and the targeting line.

IMG_20150606_084856 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_084911 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_084949 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085000 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085024 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085034 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments throughout this project. Look forward to building more 1/6 ship cockpits (Falcon, Tie fighter, AT-ST, and maybe the AT-AT).:)

Hi IzzyMel,

Amazing! I love the work you put into it...the dedication & patience shows.

I know your project is over and you have completed it. Maybe in the future you may want to upgrade the lower half by doing this...to add functionality....

Would be adding more to an already awesome masterpiece.

Diego Quijano X-Wing 006.jpgCapture.JPG

Hi Izzy,

No, this is something I found while doing some research on the X-Wing, I think is was built by a Japanese guy...but definitely I will want to built this someday...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back