1/12 3d printed Enfys Nest Skyblade 330 from Han Solo Movie ( FINISHED)

I was all weekend, Monday and today, with the printer "on" for 24 hours and I was able to finish printing all the pieces.
I'm happy with the overall result, on this particular model, I looked for a bit more printing speed, sacrificing a bit of quality on some parts, since I'm going to improve them with post-processing.

Main engines
e3wHWhC.jpg

Bottom cover
cfFaIWO.jpg

Rear Cover, its a one piece
jkjhIy2.jpg

TuugoS7.jpg

Top Cover
HHaWPmK.jpg

Tail
Ynk5N3s.jpg

Size comparison
1jsgNeL.jpg

Rest of the pieces
fMLrTdL.jpg

sdq90xc.jpg

sAn27bL.jpg

yvYRtu4.jpg

8fCC3kU.jpg

W5GiyhU.jpg

OIsBaaN.jpg

wEfqmqm.jpg

hemRP84.jpg

q99p2fr.jpg

j4wY3ff.jpg

f7ZHDB1.jpg

All the pieces of this project
WhqqT1D.jpg

Here the assembly test, I had to sand some pieces and touch up some holes with the drill, but in general, everything fell into place without major problems.

Please do not look at the general chaos of my workshop ..

5xXrdh6.jpg

GG33zyL.jpg

vQwJLQQ.jpg

q0CWkVb.jpg

dJKfHX3.jpg

ED8KgDs.jpg

Next stage, putty and sandpaper..:(
Cya guys!!

Looking very good so far. My worry are those long bars holding the fins at the front...sagging over time is a strong possibility. Are you going to replace them with metal tubing?

Looking very good so far. My worry are those long bars holding the fins at the front...sagging over time is a strong possibility. Are you going to replace them with metal tubing?
Hi Joberg
It was also my concern at the time of design, but I plan to solve it with two options, I will see in due course which one convinces me the most.

A) Place 2 supports, one under the engines as seen in the photo and the other, very thin so that it is more difficult to see, under the front wings
This is the one I like the least, but the easiest to carry out.

B) There is room to place a very thin steel wire that passes under the structure of the front wings and extends to the base of the supports, my idea is to tension it to support the front structure.

Beyond this concern, I must say that between the 3 supports, they hold the weight of the front structure very well. The question is whether they can do it over time.

I was able to finish smoothing the surface with sandpaper and putty, then 1 coat of primer and 1000 water-based sandpaper. Now I am ready for painting.
But first, I have to go through all the "wiring and tubes that are in the front.
As I do in most of my models, the pipes and wiring I do with scratch stuff because I don't like how those details are made with FDM printer.

This is how it looks after the primer coat and sanding.
7pIJM3r.jpg

kWEUTOP.jpg

0FognmG.jpg

cheers!

Today, I was able to finish painting and make all the pipes that this model has in the front, for that I used 2 millimeter black wire.

The paints I use are:
AK Acrylics.
gbOnyVc.jpg

Humbrol
N7RdLms.jpg

These are the results.

vZqO19q.jpg

WXf6zjP.jpg

3xnLZ9q.jpg

The model is still very flat, the next step will be to carry out the weathering.

I am very happy with the metallic effect that I achieved by combining AK Gun Metal and AK Aluminum, working with the dry brush technique.
GXs006a.jpg

Here all the pipes that go in the front.
HtWcWZe.jpg

H6rnWf6.jpg

coming soon, weathering
Cya!

Keeps looking better and better. You are moving really quick on this one. Great job so far.

Hi Hagoth.
Thanks for the message!!
Yes, two things come together, one, I am not working in person due to the pandemic, so I have plenty of time and two, the idea of having all the bikes of the Cloud Riders motivates me a lot.

I was able to finish with the weathering, I used browns and grays to make the burned effect of the engines. Use oils for dirt marks on surfaces, as well as for rusty parts, such as the front heat exchanger. I wanted to mix the materials a bit, so the general structure is aluminum, that's why the paint chips are that color and some pieces I decided to make as if they were steel or iron, such as the side components and the fasteners of the front supports. , that way those parts appear with rust.

Now the only thing missing is to give it a coat of matte varnish to protect and the model would be finished.
5Wuptic.jpg
Ob16Mf5.jpg
ISqdaCu.jpg
vGaSTjl.jpg

Some close-up shots to see the effects
I wanted to simulate that the surface of this piece was getting quite hot, so I gave it a burnt effect at the front
ro96tI4.jpg

Some rust on the front panel of the heat exchanger and the front shield
cVO0kQr.jpg
SXqSSYx.jpg

Burnt effect on exhausts
eLVLd9N.jpg

Rust on the front mounts and on the side components
eiOLS1c.jpg

2PqlC5U.jpg

some other shots
ke15DHY.jpg

Q17YCSF.jpg
vqvqwjV.jpg

HpFyxIV.jpg

JPPYRt0.jpg

I also printed a support to screw to a wooden surface and the information plate of the model, will be painted as soon as possible

B7EJPSj.jpg

ViboQPJ.jpg

Cheers!

FAB job for sure: you`re a machine:cool::cool: Love the way you`re building your story concerning the ``wear and tear``i.e.; rust, oil, replaced pieces, etc.
Difficult with vehicles since they don`t stay in one place for a long period of time (drips going down on your model) and since they are traveling forward at great speeds, the drips are not horizontal on certain parts also ...difficult indeed, but your paint job is A+(y)(y)

Wow you made a stunning job of this! The weathering feels perfect. And to think you did it all yourself, manufactur and paint is even more astounding!

Cheers,
Josh

FAB job for sure: you`re a machine:cool::cool: Love the way you`re building your story concerning the ``wear and tear``i.e.; rust, oil, replaced pieces, etc.
Difficult with vehicles since they don`t stay in one place for a long period of time (drips going down on your model) and since they are traveling forward at great speeds, the drips are not horizontal on certain parts also ...difficult indeed, but your paint job is A+(y)(y)
Thanks Joberg. Yes, in the end I decided to make the dirt stains in different shades of gray and mark them horizontally to reflect speed and the rust stains down, because they are clearly marks that form when the vehicle is stopped.

Wow you made a stunning job of this! The weathering feels perfect. And to think you did it all yourself, manufactur and paint is even more astounding!

Cheers,
Josh
Many, many thanks, Starks for your kind words.

very Cool project and very nicely done. Really looks well done :cool: nice printed parts, im still dialing in mine, they are a labor of loveo_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back