1/12 3d printed Cloud Riders Skyblade 221 from Han Solo Movie

Beautiful renderings! Glad that the project is back-on; eager to see your next update(y)(y)
Thank you very much Joberg, your comments are always welcome.

Looks amazing, brother! Can't wait to see yours and do my own along with the other skyblade that I have printed.
Hello Korben thanks men!!, I am doing my best to finish the model as soon as possible, so I can start with the 3rd bike of the band.

Looking amazing! Definitely following along!
Many thanks Jediguy

This looks awesome!
Many thanks HMR

So, it took me 3 days of printing, but I already have all the pieces of the model.
I have to say that the experience of having designed several models makes everything easier in the printing stage. I have found the tolerances of the FDM printer so that the parts fit almost without working them.

Here are the photos of the printed parts

5i6HDsu.jpg
eORXQMF.jpg
nF6QOtD.jpg
DePsZvM.jpg
NBlXpce.jpg
wmNOaAR.jpg
ebIIdSz.jpg
ItkEYNi.jpg

Now the assembly test, I am very happy with the result.

RiuNdno.jpg
KzxSA5r.jpg
hWBlFuZ.jpg
3NClKau.jpg
kgoi24y.jpg
LrkmN4r.jpg
2TXp9fO.jpg
7G3PIHY.jpg
ePECEpJ.jpg
3Q8oS14.jpg
HS7742K.jpg

That's all for now, the next stages will be to putty and sand to cover the printing lines, to assemble definitively and finally, to paint and apply the weathering.

CYA!.

Love the scale and since I like Bigatures, it's a pleasure to see model makers in here tackling that size(y)

Hello, I leave some advances in the construction of the model.
I added the smaller pieces, as well as some pipes and cables, there is still more details ahead in this area, but I will add them after the final painting.
I applied the primer coat and now it's ready to paint.

A reflection of mine, observing how the prices of Resin printers have fallen, now they are much more affordable, it does not make sense to continue printing the entire model with the FDM, the comparison in quality is decisive in this hobby. I am sure that if I had resin printed the small and detailed parts of this model, the result would be much more satisfactory.
Basically, I would have printed the body of the sidecar and the bike, as well as the tensioners of the sidecar and those of the front wings with FDM and everything else with resin.
Anyway, here are the photos of the progress.

y6LASNs.jpg
os7bbDh.jpg
QGEm7n4.jpg
kvy0M7S.jpg
YWXlf2v.jpg
JZfBKnR.jpg
YXvetS9.jpg
XNJAcGc.jpg
Xo8GpZa.jpg
Op7Wv93.jpg
F0gVigE.jpg

Next, The painting job.
Cya guys!

I was without advancing on this model because I was on vacation, now that I'm back, I continue with the painting stage.

The model now has flat colors, in a second stage I will start with the wearhering and give it the necessary nuances according to the wear. Next stage, chipping, washes, filters, pigments and wear.

uNzbsJp.jpg
h7zDPom.jpg
kNXo130.jpg
oQ1UOys.jpg
VFTO12n.jpg

I am already finishing this project, I really have little time to do it, but little by little I keep moving forward. I did the weathering process by 75%, some details are still missing, but most of it is done, I was able to print the plate and the support, all that remains is to paint them. I still have to add the wiring that connects the sidecar to the bike, as well as the internal wiring.
The most important thing is that the complete model is already uploaded to my CGTRADER store for those who want it.

I leave the link for those who are interested
cresta-lucas | CGTrader

Cljanjv.jpg

rcpxJi1.jpg
Rkq9MUT.jpg
6mFVYOr.jpg
TpHoNl9.jpg
HJzrNs6.jpg
V1nI4YL.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back