1:1 Scale Snowspeeder (T-47 Airspeeder) build.

A few years back i became obsessed with a greeblie used here, and I still haven't found what is the real part. However in the Brandon Alinger book there is a great reference that i used for the model I made.
This is from the book
View attachment 1822469
If i can make a suggestion, you can swap the plastic thing you have under the greeblie ( blue arrow) for the terminal connector that is commonly used with that greeblie on the belts of navy troopers.
View attachment 1822467

You can download it and print it in resin so it looks a bit more accurate. Link: Imperial Compad Keypad by gucabe on Shapeways

View attachment 1822470

Sorry for intruding but Its such an amazing work that i couldn't resist.
Brilliant. Thank you. Thats an easy fix. I had no idea what that was. Now you tell me what and where in your post. Thanks!

Smoooooth.:)
O and K!!!! Wow.... shivers....uuuuuuhhhh....wow, more shivers. Wait am showing the wife....I think she wonders why "I" do not have a snowspeeder...

th-1721435372.jpg

There may be 3 variations of the greeblie box layout on the gunners side of the speeder - or the set builders was winding up a noob aprentice builder to remake the same thing.... and get some tartan paint while you're there type of thing?

Attachments

• Snowspeeder dash compare 2.jpg
    Snowspeeder dash compare 2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
There may be 3 variations of the greeblie box layout on the gunners side of the speeder - or the set builders was winding up a noob aprentice builder to remake the same thing.... and get some tartan paint while you're there type of thing?
This always makes me think they had no clue just how close these movies were going to be inspected by fans, decades later.

For sure. Lack of the buttons around the red lights and no Uher slider knobs on that bottom edge. I like to think that inside they were bastardized just to get them airworthy. Thats how i am justifying my inaccurate detailing.

I cut up a cheap plastic tray to make the drink bottle holders. A strip of aluminium holds them straight and gives me a screw point to connect them to the side of the speeder.
I have also edged them with some rubber strip. I also think i need to wrap them in some sort of material, a bit woolly by the looks of it.
The lids are a bit different to the originals but dont have time to fix that right now. Looks like i have to cut the sting off too..

1717132970777.jpeg
1717133003855.jpeg

I cut up a cheap plastic tray to make the drink bottle holders. A strip of aluminium holds them straight and gives me a screw point to connect them to the side of the speeder.
I have also edged them with some rubber strip. I also think i need to wrap them in some sort of material, a bit woolly by the looks of it.
The lids are a bit different to the originals but dont have time to fix that right now. Looks like i have to cut the sting off too..

View attachment 1825688 View attachment 1825689
did we already talk about the cooling cloth wraps on those bottles?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back