1:1 Scale Snowspeeder (T-47 Airspeeder) build.

Snowspeeder origami 101.
I worked out i could make the wings look thicker with trickery. These sections are hinged and fold out to the wing angle. The air breaks will hang off this section. Looks like i might be able to hinge these also but will have to watch the weight.

I also fitted the engine sections with some small brackets with the wing nut holding it all together. All seems to be very strong but easy to remove and repair for any maintenance issues.
1705033144746.jpeg

1705033452973.jpeg

1705033660270.jpeg

do you have any idea how much time and money you have into it at this point?
also are you planning on Lukes paint scheme?
great work!
Thanks. I started a spread sheet of costs but let it get behind... I would say less than $2500.00AUD so about $1655USD, maybe even under $2000AUD. As far as a paint scheme goes i like the Orange/red that are on the other Speeders. Luke's Grey scheme is just a little understated for me.

Started sheeting the larger bulkheads. The panel design here varies between the studio scale model and the Elstree filming prop. I always liked the air breaks so i used one section here. Heated and bent to shape. A little filling and sanding TBC.

Wire mesh netting for the vents so i can get some decent sound effects coming from where they should be coming from.

I have used split pins to hold back the rear air break panel. Also added a little fighter aircraft detail to remind me to remove these first ..or something will break....

1705830177185.jpeg

1705830225436.jpeg

1705830250642.jpeg

I found this on the Prop Store web site (previous sales).
Ralph McQuarrie sketch showing some dimensions not far off the final product.
Looks like one version was going to be even smaller than what eventuated. In fact the top right version appears very close to the one in his Hoth battle painting but the one below very close to the final version.
No idea why he has designed for a 5 1/2 ft and 6 ft "driver".

1706774153339.png

Very awesome project....and another I've missed out on. Probably because I hang out more in the modeling section most.
That 5 and a half foot driver, was thinking maybe because Mark Hamill is shorter?
But I see hes 5'9", so probably more the guessing of the scale of the snow speeder would need that height to fit.
Something like that I guess.

I found this on the Prop Store web site (previous sales).
Ralph McQuarrie sketch showing some dimensions not far off the final product.
Looks like one version was going to be even smaller than what eventuated. In fact the top right version appears very close to the one in his Hoth battle painting but the one below very close to the final version.
No idea why he has designed for a 5 1/2 ft and 6 ft "driver".

View attachment 1784894
Could be possible, especially without seat or seat cushion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back